SAU Community

Drift Practice Days?

Stagea_G

Hi Folks,

i recently acquired simons old 32 4door, and i wanna learn the drifting basics, however i really dont wanna do it on the streets.

just wondering if you guys could give me a run down of what a drift practice day is like? people forgiving when you spin? ect.

Also what do you normally budget for one of these practice days? taking into account Tires, petrol, fee's ect.

any other information would be much appriciated.

thanks all.

i should also mention im no stranger to motor sport, just new to the drift scene

Edited by Stagea_G

Most pepole are quiet good just genral good manuers g a long way u spin get of track let next car pass slowly move back on i runn new tyress each meent i budget around 900 fuel for tow car and drift car new oil and filter an tyres on a budget u could do it easly under 500. BUt always a good night out

Most pepole are quiet good just genral good manuers g a long way u spin get of track let next car pass slowly move back on i runn new tyress each meent i budget around 900 fuel for tow car and drift car new oil and filter an tyres on a budget u could do it easly under 500. BUt always a good night out

Most people are quite good, general good manners will go a long way. If you spin, make sure you get off the track and let the traffic pass. Once traffic clears, slowly re-enter the track.

I run new tyres each meet, and budget around 900 including fuel for tow car, fuel for drift car, new oil and filter, and tyres. On a budget, you could easily do it for under $500. But it is always a good night out.

^^^ lol Damo on the translation :D

But in all honesty Grant, SAU is not a big drifting community - you will find a handful of drifters on here, but the vast majority hang out/post on NissianSilvia.com

You are obviously welcome on SAU, but this sort of thread will get a MUCH larger response on NS.com

Yea unfortunately im not a fan on NS.com, certain reasons which im sure most people agree on.

i guess the best way is to just get out and try. but i still appreciate anything, anyone has to say.

• Like 2

The drift days are pretty cruisey, 90% of the people are out there to just have a good time.

As far as spinning out, there is etiquette to it, and generally if you spin out its not cool to sit there and do ringing/static skids mainly because it ruins the persons lap after you because they need to stop/slow down if there is a massive cloud of smoke so if you spin, get out the way asap but hey, every now and then if you loose it and get a bit frustrated a static skid can be good to releive yourself and its not so much of a problem. Everything in good balance man.

Don't bother with 2nd hand tyres IMO - they delam straight away, at the price they cost its not worth it, and then the track time you loose going back into the pits getting them changed etc all the time is wasting money aswell because time out on the track is $$$$$$.

~$100 for a tow out (petrol for the tow car & trailer hire)

~$30 worth of fuel in the drift car?

~$50 new oil/filter each session

$90 entry fee

$10 gate entry fee

$25 cams license (one year license can be purchased for $55 but you need to be apart of a club etc)

~$160 tyres... I can get tyres at $80ea loose brand new so a set usually lasts me a night if I don't do statics everywhere lol (good to carry a 2nd set incase you need to trailer up early due to running out of tyres)

Then you start breaking shit and then it gets expensive >_<

Get onto the drift school session May 7th.

Lots & lots of track time, $150 to enter? close to that but its so so worth it. Get great pointers from the big boys in the drift scene and is a GREAT day out... I did that for my first session ever and I am HANGIN' for the next one... in fact thats when I'll have my car ready again (lots of new goodies)

Good times! :laugh:

Just make sure you keep it fun haha

164770_485643353542_722233542_5943401_7275699_n.jpg

dont scando's into turn 1 unless u want your car to look liks this :laugh:

+1 to what Weezy said, dont be a idoit, there are other people on the track and doing burnouts/donuts just ruins it for them, dont drift around cars that have spun

if you really want to learn going to drift school or a private day is way better, drift school is great for practicing the basics, public days are a waste of money and full of idoits who think they are drift king

f**k ns.

Those cvnts are all proffessional drifters on need for speed underground a think they know all.

SAU needs more drifters on here that are just relaxed and do it for fun. Much Like we already have, so cheers for joining !!

As for an oil and filter change after every prac, that's up to you...I would say every 2 -3 peace pending what sort of oil temps your seeing and what your using...

I personally can't see the point of putting 50 bucks worth if oil over the neighbors fence onto her veg garden after 1

Hours worth of driving...

Tyres defs go brand new, there cheap as hell these days.

Get your cams license, other wise your throwing Monet away.

And make sure your tank is FULL and or get a surge tank

I killed my first RB at my first ever prac...

I generally budget 500 bucks per prac, then just hope like f**k nothing brakes..... Which it will.

:thumbsup:

Yea unfortunately im not a fan on NS.com, certain reasons which im sure most people agree on.

i guess the best way is to just get out and try. but i still appreciate anything, anyone has to say.

Just trying to get to the forum is hard enough these days. Downtime all over the shop since it was redesigned.

Not to mention the malware you get from the site lol.

• Like 1
  • Nope 1

very one out there is pretty chilled, Yeah static burnouts/ donuts are a big no no, If there are marshals on the track, go slow past them like 25km max.

Yeah about $500 sounds about what I spend each prack, fuel entry tires ect.

If you spin Check if car are coming if you are gonna slow another coming car wait off the track, if you can get back out without slowing anyone down get straight back out.

Servicing I Put-mine up on a hoist check everything is tight before every practice/ comp get the tape measure out check my toe are about right, Change the engine oil after every 2nd or 3rd session depending on what it looks like. I replace tho oil filter after every session tho cheap insurance.

Nah go big scandos into turn 1 youll get good at panel beating

heres what mine looked like after the Jan practice

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=110003079075368&id=100001808548760&ref=notif&notif_t=like#!/photo.php?id=100001808548760&pid=155866&fbid=122455327824751

Much straighter now tho

Yeah I have been out to every practice in 2010 and plan to do the same this year as well as doing all the comps, get into it youll have a ball

• Like 1

Most people are quite good, general good manners will go a long way. If you spin, make sure you get off the track and let the traffic pass. Once traffic clears, slowly re-enter the track.

I run new tyres each meet, and budget around 900 including fuel for tow car, fuel for drift car, new oil and filter, and tyres. On a budget, you could easily do it for under $500. But it is always a good night out.

Sorry about my bad english,

Also 500 is a good figure to budget on,but be aware that u may have breakages clutch,diff,gearbox,turbo.

All in all most pepole are out there for the fun of it and are not going to crack the shit if u spin and ruin there lap, but make sure u dont cut no one of and all will be good.

So when should we excpect to see you out a prac.

To someones comment above drift schhol is awesome i had been out to 3 pracs previously but drift school helped me improve alot and boost confidence.

Cheers bayden

not sure on a date yet, gotta get money's saved up first then ill be out, also once i have the car where im happy with it.

but once i do make it out ill be sure to say hi! and try to avoid cutting you off thumbsup.gif

Just don't go out there in a complete bucket of shit. Make sure everything works how you want it too.

I went out there a few times knowing the handbrake was cooked and all I did was spin all day and eventually f**ked the car on the inside of turn 1 ripple. Watch out for that one!

One thing I noticed, people are willing to help you out when they can. I got heaps of help from randoms when I f**ked my car. Just have fun and don't don't shit to serious.

I found the hardest to get used to until your out there... is the double apex on turn 2... so much tighter then you expect hence why I went off onto clems precious lawn lol

And As Import S13 said be careful of the turn 1 inside ripple strip.

I bent a strut hitting it, several other cars have done suspension damage hitting it.

Evan Daws rolled his R31 a couple of years back hitting it.

Yeah its nasty