SAU Community

Clubs

Wogboy

a couple of us have 'been' on tassie cruise club cruise's, they usually aren't huge.

i know for a fact that hobart cruise club has huge cruises and its real organised.

elysium and platinum usually have decent cruises to devonport, few out to undisclosed locations (cops shut them down).

Hobart cruise club should be called Hobart Commodore Club...nuff said. I was a member once, however found quickly that its got about as many sensible, decent members who can drive, and don't have illegal shitboxes, on each cruise as a tiny little club would - the numbers are just beefed up by knuckledragging morons.

If you hear where they're cruising to, tell us, I'd live to know which areas to avoid...

I think cruise clubs are a liability.

Mate, its just my opinion, go on the cruise if you want since theres no other game in town, but, I wouldn't go near them with a 60ft Idiot Avoidance Pole....

Mate, its just my opinion, go on the cruise if you want since theres no other game in town, but, I wouldn't go near them with a 60ft Idiot Avoidance Pole....

have you got anything to base your comments on?

'hobart commodore club'??? you obviously havent bothered counting the amount of commodores in the club. there are about 20, and if you looked on the site you would see there are more than 80 cars with pics on the site, and then there are more that havent had pics put up of them yet. The club has almost 120 paid up members and less than a quarter of them drive commodores. so i dont see why it would ever be called the hobart commodore club.

im not meaning to start a bitch fight with you or any club you are in, im just correcting your ignorance.

thanks.

Doesn't raise the average intelligence level of the members. I was a member for a while myself, saw the stupid behaviour, and left.

I don't want to be associated with dickheads and with 120 members (despite the best efforts of the hard working organisers), theres bound to be more than a few. Since it only takes one, well thats bad odds to me.

Hats off to them for doing something though! And the supercruise weekend was one of the first times I've been able to drive through town in the evening without the "blockie bandits" screaming around making dicks of themselves, so hats off to them for attracting the dickheads away, like mosquitoes to a flame..

I cruised up with them from hobart to Launceston... (even though it cost $85 in fuel to get there and back) and I never saw any stupid behaviour...

Although i did see some Not so cruise type cars...

There wasn't much group action, the whole group tended to split a fair bit, I think some more activities would have been good... it wasn't much of a cruise with all the cars seperated.

But I wasn't on the entire trip.. so I can't say anything good or bad about it.. Apart from there was a coulpe of nice cars....

I only knew a couple of people... damo (r32 gtr), Collin (blue wrx) and Mike (Lancer GSR)...

Apparently they had complaints made about them... I really have no idea why...

cruises are ok, can be heaps of fun, but they can also be dangerous, if anyone can remeber the cruise back from andy's bakery in westbury. that could have ended in disaster easily.

i would personally rather track days, hill climbs, drift comps and drags

And the supercruise weekend  was one of the first times I've been able to drive through town in the evening without the "blockie bandits" screaming around making dicks of themselves, so hats off to them for attracting the dickheads away, like mosquitoes to a flame..

im not going to argue with you, but you are wrong.

goodbye :wavey: