SAU Community

Starting To Think About Compliance...

Plan-FAILURE

So my car will be due to have its rego swapped over in July this year and I have a limited understanding/inside knowledge of how I should approach compliance.

I've had someone tell me that there are two options; RAC or Licensing. Has anyone had experience with RAC?

Also, if your going to be defected upon inspection, what do the assessors target? And what will they not care about?

Maybe also is there a licensing centre that is more relaxed than others?

From interstate? No such thing as compliance unless you are importing a vehicle. Take it over the pits, fix what they say to fix. Make sure all lights work, seatbelts ok, no leaks etc.. same as any car that is allowed to drive on the road.

From interstate? No such thing as compliance unless you are importing a vehicle. Take it over the pits, fix what they say to fix. Make sure all lights work, seatbelts ok, no leaks etc.. same as any car that is allowed to drive on the road.

Yeah interstate bro and yeah sorry compliance is the wrong word. Will they ping me for things like my FMIC and air intake?

They shouldn't.

Pod filter needs to be bracketed down in two places.

If they are assholes they will make you get permits for the fmic and filter.

My 32gtst is licensed with the 3L, adjustable suspension, front mount etc. The only thing I didn't have in when I took it over the pits was the 2-way diff, that would have been knocked back.

Basic rule of thumb is make sure nothing is leaking, all the safety stuff works (belts, lights etc), and that any modifications don't look dodgy.

Edited by bubba

it just depends on who you get on the day

I have seen an s15 require engineers approval for the FMIC because of the hole in the body for the return pipe

Fortunately, 32GTSt's have the hole there from factory (the only hole I had to drill to fit a full GTR cooler/piping setup was for a vacuum hose).

lol not over here. as long as the pod is braced you'll be fine...

realistically it all comes down to "luck"

now when i say "luck" i REALLY mean that the department of transport vehicle examination centres are so grossly incompetent at creating any form of consistency in their dealings. that it all boils down to what operator you get and who you are.

for example - i try to get my soarer registered. i get smacked around by the f**k wit arse hole at warwick. that prick knocked me back for having "aftermarket suspension" (which i argued was NOT illegal) and the "doors don't open far enough" (wtf) and said my rear seat was missing a seatbelt - the seatbelt was fking there...

this stupid f**kwit arse hole prick then had the nerve to tell me that i need to "fix everything over night n bring it back to him n pay re-inspection"

got in my car in a bit of a huff and drove home. i actually cried at this point. i literally fking cried. after all the fk around i had got from that prick FRANK WANG at PERFORMANCE AND LUXURY AUTOMOTIVE and after he landed me in FEDERAL POLICE MATTERS THANKS TO HIS CORNER CUTTING ILLEGITIMATE BUSINESS AND FRAUDULENT EVIDCENCE PACKAGE.

and after CEVA CAR CARRYING TRANSPORT COMPANY BLEW UP MY OTHER CAR AND COOKED THE BATTERY AND BLEW UP THE MAIN $200 FUSE DUE TO THEIR NEGLEGENCE AND ABSENT CARE BY ARCING A BATTERY AND CROSSING THE TERMINALS OVER TO GIVE IT A CHARGE.

and after the royal FKOVER AND UNDER QUOTED OVER PRICED NAMBY PAMBY WORK THAT COST OVER 2 GRAND DONE BY THAT STUPID GREEDY WANKER BRIAN @ DOWNUNDER AUTO IN WANGARA. WHO I MIGHT ADD DID NOTHING ON THE CAR EXCEPT A FEW DODGY MESSY WELDS AND PUNCHED A NUMBER INTO A PLATE BIG FKING WHOOP YOU ARSE HOLE.

after getting pushed down to the ground by everyone and getting kicked everytime i tried to get up. i fking cried on my drive home. i don't cry over anything but this experience broke me to nothing.

ANYWAY. next day - sent my dad in the car up to Welshpool the next day. examiner laughed about it all and patted my dad on the back n said "you're orrite mate. off ya go"

oh right - they passed dad. then wouldn't let him register it. the counter knocked him back because an importation recept from my broker isn't proof of ownership. they needed "proof of prior ownership" even though it's a first point of australian registration... f**king morons. (jason this does not include you. you were sweet over the phone)

inconsistency. that's what they're about. you'll go to the pits at ANY given day. you'll see some arab / italian dude getting given an absolute REAMING in his VL walkinshaw.. then some dipshit hick will roll up in a 40 year old combi that's spewing white smoke. wearing a tie died tshirt and thongs looking like he's wearing joke shop teeth.

he'll get out and recognise his examiner from the local pub. they'll shake hands have a laugh have a chat and he'll drive away all smiles.

anyway. to answer your question..

i have never heard of anyone having ANY experience with the RAC... i believe the RAC do not TOUCH imports? my advice is, either make a booking at midland... or rock up at 6am at welshpool.

also - PRE PAY your inspection. you'll be glad you did. if you dont... just wait in the car in the queue and just ring from your mobile and make the payment over the phone - saves you waiting in the centre with the rest of the inbred scumbags.

oh by the way. disclaimer.

i know this post flames three companies and businesses and NAMES THEM which is not in line with SAU's taliban reigime of moderation. but fk it. i got burned so badly and so frequently by these arse holes that OTHER people deserve to know. =)

• Like 2

oh and another thing - the department of transport are named as a governing body for the state of western australia's transport portfolio.

that said. they operate like competitive private enterprise.

what i mean when i say that is.. while they SHOULD tar everybody with the same brush, and while EVERY operator should go about their business exactly the same and be trained the same and have their training updated at regular intervals. they are not..

as the manager of autoworx above me has said - he saw an S15 need engineer cert for a hole cut for FMIC. but beleive me - if that S15 owner had've told that guy to get stuffed, and then gone to a different centre the next day - i bet the other examiner would have not given a shit.

WOW i need to calm down. thinking of my import journey makes me quite angry.

bubba - yeah i've heard midland is the goods. i know a dude near (our) houses that put his aristo through there with 18's and cat back on. said he was there not even five minutes haha just got waved through!

but that's exactly what im talking about bubba - your experience was inconsistent too cos your inspector liked skylines... same as when i was at warwick this guy got his camper waved through while missing a brake light cos the inspector liked camping... he was told "make sure ya get it fixed mate"

I concur that it is a highly inconsistent and subjective area, if you don't get any luck from one place, more often than not you will find luck at another place.

Hell, I've even heard rumours of a guy in GinGin who is pretty lax!

Also, I think there is a user on here (BigJim? drives a Stagea) that said he works at Rocko licensing.

Jesus Rowan you've had some sh!t luck, good to know your giving everyone a headsup thou!

as Bubba said just make sure its all legit, no leaks and take it through

Ive been through pits 15-20 times and never really met an assh0le (touch wood)

Mostly frequent welshpool or o connor

O'connor, examiner stalled it twice just getting out of the shed.. :thumbsup: Turns to me half round the loop and says, "How the hell do you drive this thing in traffic?!" Rattley twin plate awesome. Passed, obviously.

Edited by heller44

Fortunately, 32GTSt's have the hole there from factory (the only hole I had to drill to fit a full GTR cooler/piping setup was for a vacuum hose).

sounds like your hole was drilled from before , none of the gtsts here have that hole from factory

na all the r32s ive worked on have had the hole under the battery and then on the other passenger side near washer jets.

generally the passenger side one has a thin piece of metal dividing the hole into 2 holes -which most ppl snap off to make it bigger etc -differs per intercooler kit

there is 1 million threads about complying cars etc, and if u check them you'll probably find me there abusing ppl for not looking into this type of sh#t BEFORE u bring a car over.

bring it back to stock/make it look as stock as possible, take it to pits see how u go,-the only real advice anyone can give u.

i got raped big time last time i went to pits in welshpool, stupid me kept going back their with the stuff on my list sorted so the pricks kept adding to the list!

next time i go to pits im installing some cameras see how they like me when i have footage of the assholes doing 100kph in a 70 zone

sounds like your hole was drilled from before , none of the gtsts here have that hole from factory

Nope, definitely a factory stamped hole, even had the bolt holes in exactly the correct location to bolt the 32R bulkhead fittings up to. I fitted a complete 32GTR setup, fro guard to guard, with only needing to drill one hole (for the BOV vacuum hose fitting to fit through).

If it matters, mine is a 1990..

• Like 1

lol not over here. as long as the pod is braced you'll be fine...

realistically it all comes down to "luck"

now when i say "luck" i REALLY mean that the department of transport vehicle examination centres are so grossly incompetent at creating any form of consistency in their dealings. that it all boils down to what operator you get and who you are.

for example - i try to get my soarer registered. i get smacked around by the f**k wit arse hole at warwick. that prick knocked me back for having "aftermarket suspension" (which i argued was NOT illegal) and the "doors don't open far enough" (wtf) and said my rear seat was missing a seatbelt - the seatbelt was fking there...

this stupid f**kwit arse hole prick then had the nerve to tell me that i need to "fix everything over night n bring it back to him n pay re-inspection"

got in my car in a bit of a huff and drove home. i actually cried at this point. i literally fking cried. after all the fk around i had got from that prick FRANK WANG at PERFORMANCE AND LUXURY AUTOMOTIVE and after he landed me in FEDERAL POLICE MATTERS THANKS TO HIS CORNER CUTTING ILLEGITIMATE BUSINESS AND FRAUDULENT EVIDCENCE PACKAGE.

and after CEVA CAR CARRYING TRANSPORT COMPANY BLEW UP MY OTHER CAR AND COOKED THE BATTERY AND BLEW UP THE MAIN $200 FUSE DUE TO THEIR NEGLEGENCE AND ABSENT CARE BY ARCING A BATTERY AND CROSSING THE TERMINALS OVER TO GIVE IT A CHARGE.

and after the royal FKOVER AND UNDER QUOTED OVER PRICED NAMBY PAMBY WORK THAT COST OVER 2 GRAND DONE BY THAT STUPID GREEDY WANKER BRIAN @ DOWNUNDER AUTO IN WANGARA. WHO I MIGHT ADD DID NOTHING ON THE CAR EXCEPT A FEW DODGY MESSY WELDS AND PUNCHED A NUMBER INTO A PLATE BIG FKING WHOOP YOU ARSE HOLE.

after getting pushed down to the ground by everyone and getting kicked everytime i tried to get up. i fking cried on my drive home. i don't cry over anything but this experience broke me to nothing.

ANYWAY. next day - sent my dad in the car up to Welshpool the next day. examiner laughed about it all and patted my dad on the back n said "you're orrite mate. off ya go"

oh right - they passed dad. then wouldn't let him register it. the counter knocked him back because an importation recept from my broker isn't proof of ownership. they needed "proof of prior ownership" even though it's a first point of australian registration... f**king morons. (jason this does not include you. you were sweet over the phone)

inconsistency. that's what they're about. you'll go to the pits at ANY given day. you'll see some arab / italian dude getting given an absolute REAMING in his VL walkinshaw.. then some dipshit hick will roll up in a 40 year old combi that's spewing white smoke. wearing a tie died tshirt and thongs looking like he's wearing joke shop teeth.

he'll get out and recognise his examiner from the local pub. they'll shake hands have a laugh have a chat and he'll drive away all smiles.

anyway. to answer your question..

i have never heard of anyone having ANY experience with the RAC... i believe the RAC do not TOUCH imports? my advice is, either make a booking at midland... or rock up at 6am at welshpool.

also - PRE PAY your inspection. you'll be glad you did. if you dont... just wait in the car in the queue and just ring from your mobile and make the payment over the phone - saves you waiting in the centre with the rest of the inbred scumbags.

oh by the way. disclaimer.

i know this post flames three companies and businesses and NAMES THEM which is not in line with SAU's taliban reigime of moderation. but fk it. i got burned so badly and so frequently by these arse holes that OTHER people deserve to know. =)

Dang man, thats a rant and a half. BTW i love you too :)

Call 13 11 56 with a credit card to pre-pay and inspection IF you need to actually have an inspection to transfer rego from the eastern states.

Has you car been rego'd in YOUR name for MORE than 12months continuous registration in whatever state it's rego'd in? If so, and you have rego papers showing more than 12months of rego in your name, then your vehicle is exempt from an inspection and you can simply swap the plates over @ a licensing centre and pay for either 6 or 12months rego at the counter.

PM me for more accurate info re the process to transfer rego from the eastern states etc. I can answer some questions about mods, but like everyone else has said, make sure the mods don't look dodgy, are secure etc etc.

Cheers

• Like 1

Cheers everyone,

No doubt most of you know Im now operating with this ID.

Eps: You are the unluckiest guy out, soarer doors are just about the biggest door you'll find and open up like no tomorrow but you tell a good story so +1

Syfon: I might PM you with some more specific questions so +1

Bubba: You know I know your a chap and a half +1

And well...I've had experiences with O'connor

Idiots couldn't process the inspection fee and new rego/plate fee in one so ended up having to line up twice at two separate licensing joints which took me nearly a whole day - not impressed at all. On the upside my Soarer passed first time - was the V8 though (sorry Eps =P)

Basically my car looks stock az but isn't.

I've retained the low mount position for the bigger turbo and all heat shielding is in place and tight.

I'll probably have to bracket up the pod as this is just floating but FMIC was put it in with no cutting to front bar etc, and all other mods are concealed.