SAU Community

No Power

shaw-t

hey everyone,

im new to skylines australia but hav had me 33gtst series 1 for a good few years (sori if this looks dodge as im not sure how to use forums) but lately ive had the problem of the car just losing power and stalling for no reason, no throttle response during its dummy spit, sometimes if im lucky i can get the power back but not always!!!!

i have replaced the fuel filter recently but hav replaced 6 months ago the coilpacks, nismo intank fuel pump, spark plugs. hav checked for vacuum leaks when i did a forward facing plenum so all hoses were replaced, plus if it was a leak itd run like crap at idle, hav also put through injector cleaner and hav tried different 98 octane brands incase of dirty fuel! stil hav no idea, (thinking air flow meter now) but if anyone can help or has had this problem can u please help????

It sounds like an ignition cut, not sure a faulty afm would stop the motor but check it anyway, so so what DVS32R said. Also if you have a turbo timer check it. Does it still have fuel to the cylinders when this happens? Could be ECU and injectors?

hey everyone,

im new to skylines australia but hav had me 33gtst series 1 for a good few years (sori if this looks dodge as im not sure how to use forums) but lately ive had the problem of the car just losing power and stalling for no reason, no throttle response during its dummy spit, sometimes if im lucky i can get the power back but not always!!!!

i have replaced the fuel filter recently but hav replaced 6 months ago the coilpacks, nismo intank fuel pump, spark plugs. hav checked for vacuum leaks when i did a forward facing plenum so all hoses were replaced, plus if it was a leak itd run like crap at idle, hav also put through injector cleaner and hav tried different 98 octane brands incase of dirty fuel! stil hav no idea, (thinking air flow meter now) but if anyone can help or has had this problem can u please help????

i had this happen to my r33,was afm changed to a new one and everything was fine.

When it happens. How do u get it driving again?

Im thinking afm or ignitor. Both can be affected when they heat up

My R33 S1 runs a 0-100 in 9 seconds when warm... total different car when I first start it up let the oil circulate and put my foot down. I siliconed up the coilpacks, spark plugs are ok but when its warm it runs like crap. The pod is sucking air in from the engine bay and perhaps this could be fixed with an AFM swap? I know the RB30's had big problems with the AFM's. Maybe it will be another thing to check once I have done the wasted spark setup/new plugs.

mine used to this as well, was very random and i never figured out what it was but it stopped doin it...

I think it has something to do with the solder in the AFM, pretty sure there is a tutorial somehere about how to fix it as well..

EDIT>>>something like this one..

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/113284-fixing-your-rb26-afms/

Edited by Arthur T3

I had a similar issue with mine, it would run like poo sometimes and other times it would run awesome, if you stopped at a set of lights it would sometimes just turn itself off, replaced the AFM and no problems after that. Then it came back again, but it was a bit different because it usually happened when driving at night time we could notice the lights dimming, turned out to be one of the amps powering a sub, removed it all and ran a 12" on a smaller amp and it was fine.

• 1 month later...

sori the computer crashed couple days after postin this, um i usually get it started again by frantically tryin to crank it again and hopin for the best, actually just heard bout the ignitor today but where abouts is it on the car and how would i test it if possible???????