SAU Community

S14/s13 Coilovers To A31

GHOSTRYDER

First Of all thank you for having me here

Let me introduce myself here as i didnt see the forum to to it

This is a nice place with very useful information

So my question is besides the s13 coilovers that can work on the A31 can the 14's work the same way or does it require some modification ?

Besides possible height difference in the struts (especially the rears) the front coilovers use 2x 14mm diameter bolts on the hub.

Whereas the S13/A31 hubs use 12mm bolts.

I wouldn't recommend drilling out the hubs to accommodate a 14mm bolt.

You could try getting a couple rings machined to sit in the coilover bracket reducing it to 12mm.

Besides possible height difference in the struts (especially the rears) the front coilovers use 2x 14mm diameter bolts on the hub.

Whereas the S13/A31 hubs use 12mm bolts.

I wouldn't recommend drilling out the hubs to accommodate a 14mm bolt.

You could try getting a couple rings machined to sit in the coilover bracket reducing it to 12mm.

So the s14 Coilovers would require some modding for it to work right ?

But would the S13 require any ?

I was told that the s13 shocks work at the front is it the same for the back ?

im using s13 ha coilovers in my cefiro atm, had to use spacers because of the off set of my skyline wheels but there running perfect atm :D

How Would You Compare Them To Stock Shock And Spring jiri styles?

Ok so my car isnt a drift car but and i still would be using it for family use

So what would e the best type to get ?

Ive read good things about Tein but also seeing there are different types

What would be best for my car

Pretty much any brand of coilovers will do.

Get a set suited to Street, with spring rates set around 8kg (front) and 6kg (rear). Most if not all coilovers come with adjustable damper, which also helps you out.

Tein Super Streets

HSD TT Series

Etc

I've got HSD TTs on my street Ceffy. $1580 to my door (WA) and definately no complaints from me, if my rims werent <10mm away from the coilovers, I'd set the damper down a bit softer. Have them on the hardest setting, it's quiet fun to drive, very little recoil. Would like to set it a bit softer to suit daily driving a bit more, but yeah, suspension will flex and rim rubs on coilovers and/or guards.

if its just a family car just get king springs, will be a nice soft ride, but it wont have any performance advantage for better handling.

i've got BC racing type BR coilovers in mine the s13 model and handle fine if your after better handling(not comfort) i'm running 10kg front 6kg rear , you'd run 8kg fronts if you have a SR20 . they go low and stockish height for rwc, 30 way damper, base height adjst and camber tops for 1.3k to my door :nyaanyaa:

not sure why this is being disscussed tho parts thread clearly states s13 suspension (with the exception for front sway bar) = a31

Edited by Dan_J

not sure why this is being disscussed tho parts thread clearly states s13 suspension (with the exception for front sway bar) = a31

Sorry but iam looking to see what would be best for me

The roads here are pretty messed up with just a few smooth ones

It has a RB25 but like you mentioned iam leaning on the comfort side for now

the car is stock height with 18" so there is that space between the tyre and fender