SAU Community

Getting Tail Shaft Made Up!

soturi

Tomorrow i will be heading out with my old s14 tail shaft and my rb25 yoke, to try and convince a workshop what i want to happen......

Does anyone know any shops that will do "custom" work and not just say a flat no to any suggestions....and force me to get a brand new tail shaft....

Im in the southwest sydney region.

1st place on the list so far is sydney driveline @ greenacre....

Anyone delt with them or others?

Cheers

Aiden

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I'll chime in here with my experience. Motec is great if you have the money and know a good person to support you. They don't really offer retail support and the dealers make SFA margin on the product, so the business model is setup for you to be supported by a dealer. I'm lucky enough to know a guy who's ex Motec and very generous with his time and is a total boffin. In addition to that, I also use Brad Sherriff who's an absolute legend to work with. The downside to Motec is the software isn't very intuitive, pay to play, poor/limited online support and costly upgrades.  I've not owned an Emtron myself but a good friend runs a performance workshop in Melbourne who is an Emtron dealer. They won't be fitting any more to customer cars because of the poor level of knowledge within the Emtron support team and lack of ability to solve issues with the platform. Not to mention the circumstances around the establishment of the product and company in the first place. I've run Motec's since the old M8's back in the early 2000's so I'm certainly not without a bias but I look at it like this. Everyone acknowledges Motec as the best consumer grade product without spending mega dollars on Bosch Motorsport / Life Racing and so on. When you consider the real cost of your car (not what you tell your mrs) the cost difference between an Emtron and a Motec is tiny, why would you compromise over a few hundred dollars?
    • Closer to getting the shit box back on the road. That long hose, took 2 months to acquire. However the rest were all already to go same week I ordered them. For those playing at home, that long hose is for a RB25DE N/A motor, as they don't run a water/oil heat exchanger, the hoses underneath the plenum are much more elegant and not a maze of shit.
    • One thing you may be able to leverage is the fact that the R34 N/A has the same setup as a S15. The S15 also is a car that gets 350Z diff swapped, so they will also likely have this problem. The caveat of course is it's possible the dash is different between the R34 NA and the S15, but the subframe/sensors/axles/diff setup are the same. I can't remember now as it's been too long, but I don't generally think people need to swap dashes between the N/A dash and the turbo dash when they do things like change the gearbox out, turbo their car, manual swap it, it's just not something I've seen mentioned so this could be compatible.