SAU Community

Low Mount Turbo

hooray

I'm making a safe 440rwhp @ 18psi with a GT35R on stock R34 GTR internals with supporting mods like an 044, 700cc injectors, pfc etc.

Edited by PewPew

I think you have to worry more about clashing with the engine mount that strut tower.

I checked this yesterday, its closer to the strut tower than the engine mount, not by a lot though.

ive got

hsd fully adjustable coilovers

work 17x8 with bridgestone potanza re01r 235/45/17 front and

17x9 with nexen roadstone 255/40zr/17

cheap rears but they wont last long anyway

305hp atw now on 14psi

chasing 300kw atw

Edited by hooray

Well take about 6% off your power everywhere because they added SAE correction (which ALLSTAR don't usually apply to RWD cars but I'll assume they did it on your graph because you asked for 400hp)... So that's about 380rwhp, then from a hub dyno you loose around 7% on top of that to a roller dyno dynamics so you are down to 355rwhp. So the same power as say a HKS GTRS on the same boost!

Next we will talk about boost response, well it's not really that bad considering the size of the wheels of the turbo (the 0.63 rear housing is helping a lot it seems). About the same as a T67 or a GT3076R 0.82 rear, mind they make about 430rwhp on the same dyno without correction on so the same response as yours but around 50hp more top end!

If you want to compare with my setup I make pretty much exactly the same power till 4000rpm and then a extra 150hp top end (mind you I cheat a little) :)

So in essence you have a turbo that makes the same power as a HKS GTRS with over 1000rpm less response or a turbo that has the same response as a GT3076R but with 50hp less top end...

CRAP!

I agree with what u have said but my safe tune is 18psi for a turbo that should be running 20 to 26 psi. I chose a .63 as I been in .82 and was a touch laggy for my liking. In future I will change to a .82 with more boost and aim for big hp.

Simon

where did you get that turbo?

think i mght go down that road.

will it fit on a low mount setup do you know?

ps nice build thead on your car

I agree with what u have said but my safe tune is 18psi for a turbo that should be running 20 to 26 psi. I chose a .63 as I been in .82 and was a touch laggy for my liking. In future I will change to a .82 with more boost and aim for big hp.

fair enough but ideally you should be running a smaller gt30 with a larger (1.06) rear housing to get the same sort of power with better response and less stress on the engine (those .63 housings arent great for cylinder scavenging and temps). it'd also come on boost much smoother than the .63 gt35, making it much easier to control wheelspin.