SAU Community

Nuclear Reactor "why I Am Not Worried"

akeenan

Now...

With such dense population, many people are too poor to relocate and simultaneously find gainful income.

Well sort of Terry but the majority just dont believe its that bad.

Japanese have the old ostrich syndrome in that bury the head in the ground and hope the bad thing goes away.

I've just been back bouncing in and out of Japan and Korea for the last 5 months and was all over Japan and can tell you if you give a damn about yourself its not that easy over there.

Buying food is a mission as you dont want to touch anything from f*kushima,Ibiraki areas. I made sure everything I bought and ate was from as far away from any affected areas.

Its just the tip of the iceberg over there at present with contaminated meat, vegetables and now up to half of Japans rice harvest being checked for radiation.

I just ate food that was from Hokkaido only or imported Aussie beef.

I have some mates that are Japanese commercial fisherman on the pacific side of Chiba and they wont touch anything they catch.

They are the younger generation with young families and have traveled and are a bit worldly and have their heads screwed on.

They at least realise that its an invisible killer and definitely worried about the affects on their kids.

There was a good article a few days ago saying that Tepco knew exactly how high the levels were that was spewing out including when they did control releases which they said were low which have now been found to be insanely high.

I think you will find all sorts of lies and deceit that will come to air especially now that number 6 Prime Minister in about as many years is about to hit the eject button.

I'm back there in a few weeks time working on a project for building temp accomo for families affected and already sending a decent supply of munchies from oz for the time I'll be back.

Its definitely safe to travel in Japan at present but definitely you want to be wary of what you eat and drink.

I found beer was a very good supplement.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic