SAU Community

So Who's Going To The Pisland 2011 Drive Day This Week?

seems the drive days started today

im booked to go down tomorrow

anyone that went today care to explain what it's all about and whether it's worth me losing a whole day at the office

Edited by domino_z

anyone that went today care to explain what it's all about and whether it's worth me losing a whole day at the office

i am going next Wensday. looking forward to it.

I was under the impression that the two day "BYO car" event started next Monday followed by the six half day sessions starting wednesday next week. What's been happening this week? Are you sure you haven't got your weeks mixed up?

Edited by fungoolie

Ill be there Thursday morning. Those that are there please come up and say hello. With my luck it'll be pissing down again like last year. Oh for just one dry lap of PI!

Edited by fungoolie

Ill be there Thursday morning. Those that are there please come up and say hello. With my luck it'll be pissing down again like last year. Oh for just one dry lap of PI!

So you are bringing your car down?

Wed through to Fri are not BYO car days. You just get to drive the new model around the track. No helmets required either which I find a bit strange considering we were allowed to go as fast as the instructors were comfortable with.

No it won't be as bad as you think it may be domino. I have to give Nissan Australia full credit here. Based on last year's program I think they did a great job at balancing the talk with the driving. Admittedly last year involved Mizuno and Toshio but this year it appears that the talking will only be for just over an hour and that will also include a demonstration of the new Launch Control IV if that's what "R Mode Demonstration" means. This will be followed by two and a half hours of driving, (morning session at least). The first hour will be tedious familiarisation exercises revolving pretty much around the art of knocking over witches hats, (based on what I witnessed last year), followed by 90 mins of fast laps with instructors sitting next to you... I enjoyed it enough to fly over again this year so you local guys will definitely be getting full value out of it.

But then again I've seen people not bother to show up to corporate facilities when they have a free ticket for events such as the Clipsal 500 and my brother didn't seem to be terribly interested when I suggested to him that because hes considering trading his 997TT 911 over to the new GT-R to put his name down for this event. His reponse was a jaded.... "meh"... so perhaps I'm just too easily excitable.....

post-61477-0-32405200-1301017947_thumb.jpg

Edited by fungoolie

awesome feedback mate, much appreciated

I'll admit im a bit meh too, only because I've been too so many of these type of events with other manufacturers before

Re the launch, I'd be keen to see how it compares to my R launch mode

Edited by domino_z

awesome feedback mate, much appreciated

I'll admit im a bit meh too, only because I've been too so many of these type of events with other manufacturers before

Re the launch, I'd be keen to see how it compares to my R launch mode

are you sure our MY10 model got launch mode???

yep definitely does, dealer service tech showed me how to set it up

everything in r mode, foot on brake, brings up the revs to about 3200

no wheel spin (on oem tyres), no axle tramp like the 2009s

Edited by domino_z

worked best with the oem bridgestones, just a little bit of slip

too much wheelspin through 1st with the yoki 21s though

but then id rather have all that energy dissipate away through wheelspin then have positive grip and all the energy go through the diff/box

Edited by domino_z