SAU Community

Wa Salmon

t_revz

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're heading down on Thursday, hopefully I can fix the wagon before then :(

wagon as in stag or 4wd? got surf popper rig? good luck with it!! how many days you camping down there?

wagon as in stag or 4wd? got surf popper rig? good luck with it!! how many days you camping down there?

Stagea. If I can't find a box in time I'll be driving mates Land Rover troopie. Grabbing a couple of poppers tonight and some new line, 10-15kg should be fine yeah? what sort of rig setup would you suggest for beach casting?

We're leaving Thursday and coming back Tuesday :banana:

10-15 is fine. did you already get poppers...not just any old popper will do :closedeyes: get the geoff wilson surf popper rig if you havent already. and dont forget to change hooks.

got 18kms yesterday and today from cape riche and 30 from bremer bay. bloody boss booked me into jerramungup pub and not bremer. i was spewing. had all my gear packed ready. didnt have time to trek down there at all. im going down next week for a few days once most people go back to work. 3 days annual leave to get 10 off total :thumbsup:

I have found the poppers on the BCF site, just need to get down to a store this arvo (damn gearboxes), trying to do it surreptitously so my mates don't cotton on to my secret weapon :cheers:

the hook through the popper isnt the strongest but with a bit of drag usually dont have any dramas. they are well worth the effort. be funny as if your the only one in your group who cleans up. heard of heaps caught at cheneys beach right next to cape rich so you should have plenty around ya.

guy from works dad goes out with the pro`s sometimes to help. they went to Hamelin bay on tuesday and netted 5 tonne from a 30 tonne school. going to Deep Dene or Boranup on sunday for a look

went to yallingup today but was blowing its ass off. couldnt see anything. went back to dunsborough and was calm. but only couple herring and no salmon. didnt see anyone else catching anything either. going to windy harbour for 3 days from thursday so hopefully hook into em

There was bugger all, fishing from the beach and the rocks all our group caught was a couple of small whiting and a baby flathead. Most of the time the wind was too crazy to cast into :(

'sok, learnt how to ride a quad instead :banana:

There was bugger all, fishing from the beach and the rocks all our group caught was a couple of small whiting and a baby flathead. Most of the time the wind was too crazy to cast into :(

'sok, learnt how to ride a quad instead :banana:

was expeting to hear of you catching double figures. mates were at malimup fri and sat and got dozen. couple guys from work went wed last week and kept 10 then threw another 10 back. leaving 7 tomorrow for windy harbour for 3 days. hopefully have pics on return

• 8 months later...

well last year couldnt have gone much worse. my first year in about 15,16 years i havent caught a Salmon. although after a mate lost one off his hook i jumped on it and caught it by hand :thumbsup:

heading down to Malimup this weekend for a look. friend saw salmon heads on the beach at Yeagurup at new years so must be a couple around. either way the beer will be cold :cheers:

have been using these poppers for the past 5 years with great success apart from the fact they are too weak sometimes. however i get about 19/20 on the popper and only 1/20 on gangs with mulies. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fishing-Surf-Poppers-10-Pack-Green-Rig-Master-Tackle-/270898384028?pt=AU_Sport_Fishing_Tackle&hash=item3f12cd4c9c

have just bought 6 blue and 6 pink of these new/bigger/stronger ones and they look awesome. good size and very strong hook compared. not available in green unfortunately. hopefully they will be just as good :thumbsup:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6-X-New-Generation-Quality-Medium-Surf-Poppers-Fishing-Lure-New-Exciting-Colours-/110812431086?pt=AU_Sport_Fishing_Tackle&hash=item19ccef82ee

Pink for the wife??

ummm yeah :unsure:

weather isnt looking good down there now for sat/sun so might have to do a quick solo trip tomorrow or wait til next weekend :closedeyes:

pick me up on the way through :thumbsup:

compleat angler closed in bunbury last week and had 50% off sale. thought i would go grab just a couple sinkers but walked out $350 down... >_<

you know i do :merli:

Youll need 4wd, personal accomadation (Swag, tent, back of ute), fishing gear, 3 tanks of fuel, food for as many days as you plan to be there.

And beer is sacred! You can use another mans fishing equiptment, you may even sneak a slice of bread or 2 and a piece of bacon....but on that beach, you touch another mans brew...you may not leave the beach. Just sayin.

Ill keep you informed of dates once i know....but most likely, end March

• Latest Posts

• OK, so. Look very closely at this. Here is a snip of the ECU diagram. Note that the VSS (Vehicle Speed Signal) input to the ECU is sent from the speedo head. The speed sensor on the gearbox (whether auto or manual) is connected to the speedo, and the speedo converts that AC voltage signal to a 0-5V DC PWM signal that the ECU reads. Pin 58 is NOT used by the ECU. It is used by the TCU. And unlike Duncan's thought on the matter, I would think that the only comparison done (by the TCU) would between trans output shaft speed and engine rpm. This so that the TCU can know whether the lockup converter is doing its thing, the clutches are managing shifts appropriately, etc etc. I would be willing to bet that the only speed signal you need to intercept with any speed cut defender, regardless of auto or manual transmission, would be the VSS into pin 29. That is the only speed signal available on a manual. And here is the rub. Your car is a manual. So why are we even having this conversation. There is NO speed signal input on pin 58 on your car right now and it runs just fine. That should tell you how important that pin is for your manual ECU.
    • well, here's hoping it is off to a good home, looks like the new owner got a steal
    • That's the last time I'll see the 180sx. It's off to Victoria do keep an eye out for it down there. 
    • Well, I want to  move to AN8 fittings, and the OEM has a barb.   And I plan on doing these things first, as I can do them, and if the problem persists after I will then take it to a mechanic.
    • Definitely do just gotta pay for your own ticket and hotel rooms lol