SAU Community

Fake Apexi Boost Gauge

Hello all,

I rushed into a sale on ebay and bought a cheap gauge ($70) that says its an Apexi Boost EL2 Gauge. It was pretty cheap and while that to me suggests that it is a fake, I cant work out the difference between a fake and a real. If it is a fake, its very well done, even has a barcode sticker that shows the contact details for Japan in Japanese. The back of the pack has Japanese instruction and the box looks exactly like every other ebay Apexi gauge. It has a clear vacuume pipe? Do Apexi use clear vacuume or black?

Just trying to work out the differences. Does anyone else have a genuine EL2 gauge?

Will

Does it really matter? If it functions perfectly well and you got it for cheap, ignorance is bliss? No one's going to scrutinise your boost gauge and call you up on it not being a legitimate Jap brand.

Does it really matter? If it functions perfectly well and you got it for cheap, ignorance is bliss? No one's going to scrutinise your boost gauge and call you up on it not being a legitimate Jap brand.

Well, I havent installed it yet, and was thinking of returning it. Then looking at buying a genuine one but just wanted to work out the differences so Im not ripped off. I know what your saying though.

I think people will struggle to tell you the difference without seeing your gauge first. I have an Apexi gauge, so I'll compare it if you post a pic, but I think we'll struggle because copies of things are meant to be aesthetically the same.

I think people will struggle to tell you the difference without seeing your gauge first. I have an Apexi gauge, so I'll compare it if you post a pic, but I think we'll struggle because copies of things are meant to be aesthetically the same.

I cant really fault the guage looks itself, but the quality does leave a bit to desire. There are a few marks on it, but figured I would keep it and give it a try.

I was worrying it would be like this one,

Ok I bought one of these. It is the biggest piece of shit. Mine did not work. The boost needle jumped everywhere. It showed whatever boost.

I cracked it at the eBay seller. He gave me a full refund. And then I went and bought a real apex boost gauge for $115

Ok I bought one of these. It is the biggest piece of shit. Mine did not work. The boost needle jumped everywhere. It showed whatever boost.

I cracked it at the eBay seller. He gave me a full refund. And then I went and bought a real apex boost gauge for $115

It it electronic or mechanical?

My Apexi EL2 (Electronic) the lip around the gauge is silver, rather than black like the youtube video posted. Duno if that helps, and i didnt realize they came black if they do or id have got one! :D

0303101741-01.jpg