SAU Community

Ride Height

b2barker

When I bought my R33 GTST a few months back the Apexi adjustable coilovers had been lowered to the ground. It scrapes on dips when driving, scrapes the cat going into my driveway and the front wheels scrape when turning into carparks.

I want to lift it a sensible height, maybe even minimum legal height :eek: . How is this measured (LCA to ground, diff to ground etc)? Is their an indication on the adjustable bit itself that show how far from stock it is? Any suggestions on a good height, dampner settings?

The height of the car will be measured from the ground to the lowest point of the car except the wheels and the backing plate on the brakes. (QLD law) 100mm is the legal limit and a good hieght. Skylines aren't meant to be dumped, it screws them up, they were not designed that way + your tyres will wear real bad like mine did.

yeh 100mm allround, are the tyres right up under the guards???

the other measurement they can get you on is middle of wheel to wheel arch. last time i checked it was 360mm i THINK, this was the measurement they pinned me on when i was trying to register my car. i had to source 4 new struts as this height is only 30mm below stock.

if youre after a legal height (ground and wheel arch clearance) its very high. just adjust it to a height that you like cos the advantage of having adjustables is that if you do get puilled up its easily over the pits

Originally posted by adam 32

yeh 100mm allround, are the tyres right up under the guards???

Sure are, maybe 15-20mm under. She's low alright.

Thanks for the info gentlemen. I don't really need it to be legal height, just not scaping the sh1t out it height. What you have told me will help me to choose a height that is closer to legal and doesn't scrape.

Yeah ride rides quite low at the moment.. i found out the hard way when i hit one of those concent things with my front spoiler that stop you from moving into the wall at the carpark ...

Unfortunately i don't have coilovers so will need new springs... any recommendation on springs ??? whiteline/kings??? any real differences between the two??? last time i checked it was $160 for a pair of whitelines...