SAU Community

Safc Vs Greddy Emanage

My car isn't running right (RB25 Flatspot) and after testing the AFM, Ignitor, installing Superspark coilpacks, new 0.8mm plugs and setting timing, it's still doing the same thing.

Car has Pod, R34SMIC, 7psi boost solenoid mod and 3" Catback.

Would I be better off with a Greddy Emanage which comes wired to suit a R33 GTST S1 like mine is. However mine is an auto unfortunately, so perhaps it will be different. I have to get it tuned to my car anyway and I want a readout of AFR's so doesn't matter really. The wiring is done.

Or a SAFC2 for the same price ($200)

Future plans for the car will be bellmouth dump, high flow cat, 10psi RB20 gate, manual conversion.

I saw the emanage could do more, but just wanted to know for sure I wasn't getting something inferior to the SAFC since nearly every piggyback on a skyline is an SAFC and it seems the first choice for people.

Assuming you are talking about an emanage blue, get an SAFC as they have more adjustment. + or -20% just isn’t enough (my safc is -35% up top on only 10psi) plus only has 5 adjustment points + I'm not sure about high and low throttle position adjustment (which safc has and you do need) as the emanage doesn’t seem to mention it...

If you have the optional ignition, injections, boost sensor harnesses the emanage definitely becomes more capable, but out of the box the safc is a much easier choice sine it is self contained, has multiple points adjustment at high and low throttle, afm emulation and same idle control for anti-stall as emanage but doesn’t require a laptop to tune.

Once you purchased all the add-ins for the emanage plus the extra to tune it all, you’d realise you’d have been better off with a nistune or similar...

I think that is why everyone goes with safc2 (or AFC neo) instead of emanage :P

Also, don’t bother with actuator change; just get a turbotech ball valve MBC for ~ $30 off eBay, quicker spool, steady boost with no spikes or sagging.

Also, don’t bother with actuator change; just get a turbotech ball valve MBC for ~ $30 off eBay, quicker spool, steady boost with no spikes or sagging.

An actuator set at your target boost will always be better than a boost controller, no matter what type.

I would go an Emanage Ultimate mate. :thumbsup:

Well I'd be pretty happy with the car running right at 7psi with suspension mods and manual gearbox to be honest... so an easy to fit piggypack to cure the flatspot and give me a bit of tuning for stock turbo on a max 10psi would be fine. I feel it needs the following in this order:

Management to fix flat spots - $200 will get me an Emanage Blue or SAFC2, and this will fix the problem, so want which will be easier to fit and tune.

Stock snorkel into a custom Heat shield housing the pod.

3" dump and hi flow cat

10psi RB20 wastegate

HICAS lock bar

Manual conversion

Fatter rims and tyres

Stiffer Suspension

After that a rebuilt RB25 with different turbo if I plan to keep the car.