SAU Community

My Trip To Japan - To Go Or Postpone?

Blitz_boy

I've already changed my destiantion to Osaka, and I'm really happy about it. I've also extended my stay to 14 nights after hearing all the things there is to do there.

Osaka seems like it suits me anyway. I'm a foodie and Osaka seems to be a great food city.

I will deffinately check out some things that Loach suggested' like the aquarium.

Plus the accomodation was alot cheaper in Osaka :thumbsup:

Great to hear you are going to make it to Osaka. It is a fantastic city especially for food, music etc. Most of the TV personalities in Japan come from there. Apart from the stuff I already mentioned there are some other places you might want to visit. If you get tired of Japanese food there are one or two Shakeys pizzas in Shinsaibashi - all you can eat, unlimited time for about 1200yen plus they have Japanese curry rice as well as all the pizzas etc. Awesome. Osaka castle is definitely worth a visit although it is not original. There is an original castle in Inuyama (Aichi) which also has a a place called Monkey Park. Monkey Park has an amusement park as well as a zoo full of hundreds of monkeys including a big male gorilla. Back in Osaka there is a Chamber Music Festival on at the time you are there, which should be pretty good if you like classical music. Also if you take a train from Namba you can go to Koyasan, I haven't been there but it is a popular tourist destination for Japanese people with old temples, shrines, buildings etc. Anyway if you have any troubles or anything while you are here drop me a PM and I should get notified by email which I usually check twice a day. Have a great trip.