SAU Community

Interior Trimmers

Paulie C

Yes fello skyline brothers more questions for you to ponder on

Has anybody had any work done at G.M. Millane auto trimmers in east perth, they have quite a good web site, and look very professional.

If any body has any experience from this shop or others let us know.

Yes fello skyline brothers more questions for you to ponder on

Has anybody had any work done at G.M. Millane auto trimmers in east perth, they have quite a good web site, and look very professional.

If any body has any experience from this shop or others let us know.

I have had work done here, not sure how competitive the price was, but the workmanship was top quality. I had my two front seats, rear seat, hand brake and gear stick surrounds and door trim inserts done on my R32 GTR. Good quality job, took a week to do. Ask for Brad, easy to talk to. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures handy as I am at work.

Sorry, sorry, sorry to anyone that i pissed off didn't mean to, i posted the thread bout the bodykits wont happen again, i will use the search engine next time, last thing i want is to piss you guys off, easiest way to do that is to drive a commodore.

To Mr eps i want to get the front and rear seats also the door inserts done maybe in leather or some sort of nice fabric, but a bit worried bout getting done in leather as how easy it is to scratch.

To waxhead how much did it cost you to get that done.

Sorry dan- the-man

Lol chill out were all just being gay fags.

Or at least hanaldo is :P

Well,... Seats may be a bit difficult if you're ... Well.. Dumb.

But I get all my interior retrims done up in Bali. For a few reasons:

1) I'm all for supporting local businesses that are friendly towards ME - I don't know any that are friendly as yet.

2) the shop in Bali are friends of mine and do great work

3) the shop in Bali that I speak of, retrimmed the gear stick and the handbrake boot for 50,000 rupiah (about 6 bucks) and did a fantastic job using good foam underlays etc.

In two tone leather I might add

So my advice is, if you go to Bali often.. Just strip the covers off the parts you want and I'll point you as to where to find it!! The guys there do incredible custom work to plain oem fabric interiors..they're really talented!

1) I'm all for supporting local businesses that are friendly towards ME - I don't know any that are friendly as yet.

3) the shop in Bali that I speak of, retrimmed the gear stick and the handbrake boot for 50,000 rupiah (about 6 bucks) and did a fantastic job using good foam underlays etc.

So my advice is, if you go to Bali often.. Just strip the covers off the parts you want and I'll point you as to where to find it!! The guys there do incredible custom work to plain oem fabric interiors..they're really talented!

LOL

Mr eps

seriously man i'm going to bali in june but i have my doubts bout people in a third world country who can do work on my car i want serious work done, hit me up with the address in bali and i might check them out but would rather keep the work done in aus

Only cause it would Pauline Hanson happy

While I agree with you paulie... I would much rather pay a family run Balinese business that to pay some greasy f**kstick with big sideburns :P

But what ever :)

As for serious work... I wish I hadve taken some pics of this Suzuki escudo they were doing while I was there a month ago... I mean..

ruffled leather door inserts, pleated leather frills bordering the seats, DAD embroidery (seen that Japanese company???) embroidered into the head rests... Long shag fake bear fur onto the dash...

Seriously it was crazy man.. Like this:

image457xr8.jpg

And

seatcover1.jpg

They were pumping out all sorts of crazy stuff... Obviously you Gtr you'd want a more conservative approach but all im saying is that these guys are capable of anything!!! They really love what they do...

Oh and the third world thing... They're located in Denpasar in the car mod district.. On umm

Teuk umar... Not far out of Kuta however...

Edited by Mr Eps

:happy:

Lol OP, I don't think anyone was pissed off. I was just saying you should try searching because I found a few threads that would possibly be of use to you :)

Indonesia is far from being "third world" LOL, have you ever been to Jakarta?

The craftsmen there may not charge nearly as much as here, but they are very talented. I get custom guitar bodies made in Bandung, quality is second to none!

Listen to Eps!

1 question, Rowan.

If I were to just buy the seat fabric I want in mass size there, come back to Perth and get someone to cut and install them, would that be ok or a hard job? I don't want to rip mine off and take them oversea in case the process doesn't work out well, and I am left with fabric-less seats. :P

HOLY STIR FRIED DICKS IN BLACK BEAN SAUCE.

i wrote an entire essay cos im at a new job... as you do... and i kicked the power cord and shut off my computer. angrrryyyyy

anyway to summarize:

ichizora - yes. but BALINESE are not INDONESIANS... this is the difference between Bali, and island governed by the state of indonesia, and... Jakarta... the capitol city of Indonesia..

BALI: tropical paradise like island with fantastic people who smile no matter what is happening in their lives. it's a holiday destination that retains its tradtitional and spiritual roots despite there being a huge push for modernisation and infrastructure ..

JAKARTA: - an utter hole. flying into jakarta it looks cute because it looks like you're about to fly into a marshmallow.

....but it's actually polluted air.

VNS 24: dude didnt you used to have a different username??? anyway - to answer your qurestion, why would you bother carrying heavy reams of material between countries only to pay through the nose to a perth shop who won't give you discount anyway? i mean reality is they have bills to pay and they will stilll want $70 an hour for labour... ;)

it's quite easy to take your seat trims up there. they use your seat trims to measure and copy. they dont destroy them or cut them or anything silly like that...

so in short - yeah you can do that, butttt why on earth would you :)

to describe an australian shop:

un-necesarilly huge showroom

unnecessary office / admin area

one kid doing ALL the work, possibly 15 years old.

one wife in the unnecessary office having a smoke

one business owner - fat greasy dude with sideburns.

92.9 playing on the radio.

you're the first customer in three months. there's an old model T being restored in the background which is the owners. and no. you cannot touch it.

to describe the balinese shop:

it's about the size of a garage. there's seven guys working there. all brothers. they crouch on the floor, they dont use desks. they dont use computers. they just WORK. at any given time there's about 3/4 cars / motorbikes there all getting totally re-worked.

one guy measures

one guy cuts

one guy sews

one guy fits

one guy inspects and oversees it all

there's a desk. but that just holds jap / indo VIP magazines that they use for ideas

it's cash only and it's all happening like a party. everyone sings, laughs and has a good time!

VNS 24: dude didnt you used to have a different username??? anyway - to answer your qurestion, why would you bother carrying heavy reams of material between countries only to pay through the nose to a perth shop who won't give you discount anyway? i mean reality is they have bills to pay and they will stilll want $70 an hour for labour... ;)

it's quite easy to take your seat trims up there. they use your seat trims to measure and copy. they dont destroy them or cut them or anything silly like that...

so in short - yeah you can do that, butttt why on earth would you :)

Yes Rowan. I used to have a different username. :)

Thanks for that. I might just do that one day.

Would you be able to pm me that shop contact? Thanks.

i'd prefer to say it here :) that way gets them business.

Happy Family

I'm PRETTY sure it's on teuku umar denpasar... i think that's the street name...

put it this way. you know the big roundabout with the garuda on it? near Bali DFS in Kuta?

theres a road that feeds off that roundabout which goes to Denpasar. go up that road. then about 2 mins from there by motorbike / 5 mins car...

theres a shop on the left - kinda hard to see. it has the international leather symbol. there's usually a couple of "done up" cars outside it.

it's the road that leads on to handphone alley, soooo... i guess if you're taking a taxi there, just say to driver that you want to go to handphone alley... but tell him to stop etc...

...also let him know you're not going all the way up to handphone alley. because it's kind of a dick move to just bail halfway after he's accepted a fare.. also get the taxi driver to wait - it's hard to get a cab from there esp during peak hour traffic.