SAU Community

Headlight Beam With A Mind Of It's Own

Hi All,

Looking for some help, I have a Dec '05 premium coupe. At night sometimes when I turn the car on the headlights come on the beam direction slowly shifts down so that after a couple of seconds the beam finishes only a few metres in front of the car (seems like it anyway). After driving for a while I notice they have gone back to normal like any other car. I can't figure out how to change it back while driving, usually just try switching from Auto lights to manual etc, doesn't work.

Usually it doesn't bother me too much becasue i'm only city driving at city speeds. My problem is I'm going on a road trip this weekend and I don't want to be driving at highway speeds with lights that don't light up the road past a few metres, I also don't want to be driving around with high beams all the time and blinding other drivers.

Anyone else have a similar issue? Or know what the deal is? It came with factory Xenons which I still have but haven't gotten around to getting connected up again.

Cheers

sitting in the drivers seat, its to the right of the steering wheel, just above the bonnet release. thats assuming your car had HIDs from factory.

it should have a dial with 0,1,2,3 or 1,2,3,4 positions on it.