SAU Community

Help Choosing Right Coilovers

frowgli

hi guys, as the title says-im looking for someone who knows which sort of coilovers would fit on my series 1 97 RS4 auto... ive asked the guys in my local forums (WA) but the majority own S2's... ive been looking @ getting some BC racing ones from JustJap. heres a link to their coilovers page for stageas / skylines etc... http://www.justjap.com/store/home.php?cat=270&sort=orderby&sort_direction=0&page=8 - the stagea ones are like a 3rd of the way down. would appreciate your guys help-Cheers.

aka r33 gtst

Aside from the fact the rear spring rates are wrong.:whistling: They make a model specific coilover; why would you do a bodge?

awesome-thanks for the heads up, my mate just said get r33 ones aswell but i was scratching my head thinking the spring rates in the rear would be messed up specially when it came time to actually using the "wagon-ness" of the vehicle, aka-stick heaps of shit in the boot.

awesome-thanks for the heads up, my mate just said get r33 ones aswell but i was scratching my head thinking the spring rates in the rear would be messed up specially when it came time to actually using the "wagon-ness" of the vehicle, aka-stick heaps of shit in the boot.

well you see what iam running,

just use stock springs

see what there like,

I have no worries with what iam using,

Im using HKS hypermax coilovers from an R33 gtst and they feel great! The spring rates are way higher than stock anyway & i have heaps of adjustment on the dampening too!

But if you were going to use non-adjustable stock stuff, you may very well experience the problems you are concerned with!