SAU Community

Suspension Arms

I am looking at purchasing some new suspension arms for the rear of my R33 GTR.

What is the difference between the following:

Cusco adjustable rear upper arm links: Part Number 220 474 G

and,

Cusco adjustable rear upper arms: Part Number 222 474 L

Can both these parts be used, or is it either one or the other?

I am also looking at some rear lower a-arms. I have been reading up on the Nismo ones, anyone here used them before?

Would it be worth getting the strenghened Nismo arms or the standard Nismo ones?

Nismo states that the strenghened arms have a added plate on the underside to provide more strength . . .

Thanks in advance for your feedback

for rear lower arms the nismo's are not that great as they are not adjustable. if you do get them and the strengthened ones are much more $$ you can easily get the standard ones and get a plate of 3mm steel welded yourself. if there is not much in cost between them then just buy the stronger ones.

for the cusco gear the upper control arms are the L part number. as best i can tell the G part number is for the traction rods and to do it properly you need both bits as the traction rods need to be adjusted once your car is lowered and you've adjusted camber.

the L part number is this:

Cusco_220%20474%20L_0512962623024d43649ec6a17.jpg

and the G part is this:

Cusco_220%20474%20G_04.jpg

the cusco gear is very nice and good value. From memory they don't do rear lower control arms though so if you need those I'd look at the ikeya ones. they are excellent.