SAU Community

Speakers

LotusGTR

I need to buy some speakers for my GTR. 2 for the rear parcel shelf and 2 for the front doors. I'm not interested in top end stuff and just want something that is basic and will do a half decent job without being shitty. It's important that they just fit into the existing holes and under the covers. I'm pretty sure the existing ones are the stock items or at least like for like replacements for the OEM ones.

Anyone make a recommendation or point in the direction of something suitable that it second hand. I've had a bit of a search and couldn't find anything but must admit I didn't try tooooo hard.

Thanks.

So I'm looking for 6x4 front spreakers and this is a photo of the cavity where they need to go into. A couple of questions:

I've seen mention of coaxial speakers. I know what coax cable looks like for TVs, but what does this mean for car speakers and are they compatible with the wiring in the photo from my car (sorry for crap photo)?

Can anyone advise what the standard rear speaker size is for an R32 GTR?

Thanks.

Aaron, I've not forgotten you. Prob give you a call today.

EDIT I've also attached pics of the existing speakers for what it's worth.

post-46395-0-68509600-1305665944_thumb.jpg

post-46395-0-22145700-1305667170_thumb.jpg

post-46395-0-93664900-1305667203_thumb.jpg

coax just means the tweeter and speaker are one.... and there is an in built crossover.

it would hook up to your stock wiring, but if your head unit puts 30w to them and the speakers are 50w they'll sound like ass.. and possibly blow if you up the volume...

let me know if you need a hand?

Standard rear size is 17cm or 6.5" , should fit , the depth of the rubber lip on the top edge is important as well , as it will rub against the parcel shelf underneath ..

I took the old one out first and bought something similar - Polk Audio , mid priced great quality !