SAU Community

Kinetix High Flow Cats And Megan Racing Y-Pipe Installed

Just thought I would post up since I fitted these today.

Definitely has a much meaner (and louder sound), and the butt dyno likes it. Am dynoing the car at the SAU:SA dyno day next weekend, so will see how it goes. Stock dyno was a bit low at just over 150rwkw (it is an auto though). The Willall Racing dyno is known for being a true display of power, not the fluffed up X-factor dynos mostly seen about the place. Either way, my 150rwkw run was on the same dyno, so we will see next weekend.

post-669-0-67819900-1305715163_thumb.jpg

post-669-0-14570600-1305715171_thumb.jpg

post-669-0-94906000-1305715176_thumb.jpg

And got a new front bar, so I carbon wrapped it (sorry for the crappy photo - will get some more up when I get pics of my wrapped side skirts, and when I get around to doing the rear bumper).

post-669-0-70195900-1305715256_thumb.jpg

The old set is what came off the car .... I assume it is the stock y-pipe, with compliance cats fitted here in Australia when it landed. Is it not the stock y-pipe?

A little raspiness, but more of a growl. Haven't fully put it through its paces yet, as the passenger side cat fouls ever so slightly on the body heat shielding and makes a bad noise. Going to get that sorted out tomorrow with any sort of luck.

Good work mate.

I heard some where that when you change the HFC in the v35 the o2 sensor pops up on the dash? did it happened to you?

thanks

beepee

minh they took about 5 hours all up to install, but keep in mind that I did it on jacks/jack stands in my driveway - would be a TONS easier job on a hoit. But I wanted to do it myself. Also, a couple of the nuts were absolute pains in the butt and took 10 times longer than the easy nuts. I also replaced a stud on my front drivers side wheel, as it was buggered, so that took a little time.

Bee, no I particularly bought the Kinetix cats, a they are about the only manufacturer that guarantee no check engine light. And sure enough I don't have one!

oh that's good to hear. May I ask where you got the hfc from? and how much did you pay? I am looking to sell my brand new headers and buy hfc instead.

thanks

I got the Kinetix hfcs from Concept Z Performance

http://www.conceptzperformance.com/Cart/description.php?II=889&Car_Type=G35&UID=20110518071114122.49.148.28

Mike from CZP, who I chatted to via PM on G35Driver.com did them for US$460 delivered to Adelaide.

He also quoted me US$565 for the Berk hfcs delivered.

Took 5 days to get to my door and they take Visa (which has a much better exchange rate than Paypal).

Just thought I would post up since I fitted these today.

Definitely has a much meaner (and louder sound), and the butt dyno likes it. Am dynoing the car at the SAU:SA dyno day next weekend, so will see how it goes. Stock dyno was a bit low at just over 150rwkw (it is an auto though). The Willall Racing dyno is known for being a true display of power, not the fluffed up X-factor dynos mostly seen about the place. Either way, my 150rwkw run was on the same dyno, so we will see next weekend.

post-669-0-67819900-1305715163_thumb.jpg

post-669-0-14570600-1305715171_thumb.jpg

post-669-0-94906000-1305715176_thumb.jpg

And got a new front bar, so I carbon wrapped it (sorry for the crappy photo - will get some more up when I get pics of my wrapped side skirts, and when I get around to doing the rear bumper).

post-669-0-70195900-1305715256_thumb.jpg

Good job, Andrew.

Is the new front bar you got on the one I attached?

post-66186-0-69557800-1305766502_thumb.jpg

Hey if you get a chance can you please post a recording of how she sounds. im looking for an exhaust atm and this looks like it could be what im after.

Yeah Victor that is the bar (and side skirts) I have. Do you know what they are called? I bought them off someone who bought them off someone, so he didn't know what they are called.

Adam, I will get a recording next week when I get this vibration sorted out (I am off to Melbourne tomorrow for the weekend). It sounds tough as - especially on WOT!

For everyones info this is my exhaust layout:

Stock manifolds

Kintetic hfcs

Megan racing Y-Pipe

stock centre pipe and muffler (to be replaced by a straight pipe and Apexi ECV next week)

Cheap Chinese axle-back exhaust with blue tips (after just 1 track day I am pretty sure I had blown ALL the internals out of the exhaust, as the volume increased significantly).

Yeah Victor that is the bar (and side skirts) I have. Do you know what they are called? I bought them off someone who bought them off someone, so he didn't know what they are called.

Yup. They are called D-Max.

I will nearly going to get it before. But lack of information of it made sourcing one hard.

It is a very rear body kit as far as I am concerned. Good work on getting it. :)

P.S: Try to get the rear bumper as well. That rear bumper looks nice, especially on black (Or wraped).

post-66186-0-44405100-1305780777_thumb.jpg

post-66186-0-08030100-1305780784_thumb.jpg

Edited by VNS 24

let us know how u go with the hfc fouling on the heat shielding. read a lot about that on g35driver and a lot of owners in the US opt to remove the heat shield. I'm pretty sure that it's there for a reason, but would like to know if there's a way around that.

i've had my fair share of cheap china made stainless steel mufflers. they look the goods but the fibreglass sound deadners get burnt to a crisp within the first few days and then they end up hell loud.

Yeah I do have the whole kit Victor .... and it is not genuine - it is a Viva Garage copy. The guy I bought it off paid $850 for the kit and I "stole" it off him for a low $400, as he had already sold his V35 without getting to fit the kit! Bargain!!! It fits like shit, but a fair bit of work and I have the front bar and side skirts looking ok (haven't even trial fitted the rear bar, but expect it to need some work too). The front indicators fitment needs more work - when I have time I will do them properly and re-wrap the bar, as I have scratched the heck out of it on the passenger side mucking around getting the indicator to fit at all :(

Roy, yeah I am going to see if my exhaust workshop can heat and bend the cat slightly, otherwise I will take off the oem body heat shield and stick some high temp relflective matting on the body, which is much thinner. It shits me that they advertice these things as "direct bolt-on fitment", but are not. In fact I was lucky that I already had the Megan Racing Y-pipe, as the Kinteix hfcs are much shorter than the stock cats, and the Megan Y-pipe is much longer than the stock one. So when they are bolted together they fit perfectly, but I were just going to kit the Y-pipe you would have to push the rear of the exhaust back a good 20cm or so!

Took another shot of the cf wrapped front bar and side skirt today (it is a bit hard to catch the cf texture of the side skirt though).

Very nice, Andrew. Look stockish, yet modified. 

Nice setup mate. I've got the Kinetix HFCs, waiting for the Megan Y Pipe to be delivered in the next few days, can't wait to get it installed.

Your stock Y pipe looks slightly different to the one I have on, mine looks very much like the one on the left in this photo:

post-64544-0-30183500-1306037999_thumb.jpg