SAU Community

Rising Sunday

Mr Eps

Just so you people know I spoke to a former TEG officer and he said the TEG police were targeting those idiots in white vans doing stupid stuff and the people that associated with them.

Some innocent people might have been caught up in it all but I'd place the blame on bogan white van drivers instead of a target on JDM owners as bringing attention.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice work Rowan et al.

Sounds like it was an event I shouldn't have missed :( but I had to take the opportunity to finishing putting my engine together so that I can attend at least one event some time soon!

Rowan, it was constructive criticism.....

haha i was only tricking man! :)

glad to see so many people enjoyed it - truth be told when we first thought of doing it we were only expecting about 50-80 cars...

i honestly had NO IDEA that perth had SO MANY cool JDM cars!!!! now i have to finalise my article to post on 7tune and autolife!!

Just so you people know I spoke to a former TEG officer and he said the TEG police were targeting those idiots in white vans doing stupid stuff and the people that associated with them.

Some innocent people might have been caught up in it all but I'd place the blame on bogan white van drivers instead of a target on JDM owners as bringing attention.

I dont think the white van was driving around for 3 hrs, cops were there in a Territory pulling people up at 10 am, and was still there at 1.30pm when I left as well as the marked cops. They were there to put stickers on cars no matter what, albeit the lowest and noisiest ones.

They could have just given warnings and sent us a good message.

Maybe next time we do a charity meet as the poker run has much more illegal cars driving around in there cruises but they dont get touched. :thumbsup:

nah. we're just going to make the gubberment piss instead :)

we have ways.

anyway if i may speak my mind ... i think half the reason was you clowns for bailing soon as you heard the cops were there!!!

"oh man there's cops here, better head straight head first into it"

nukkah please.. cops wanna yellow us?? make em wait and earn their time. we had clearance to use the park until 530pm.. you should have just stayed. i stayed till 4pm and had no troubles from police at all...

if you guys knew cops were outside playing silly buggers then why oh why did everyone drive into them?

FWIW we are THINKING of organising a fundraiser cruise. no, not to help out bushfire victims. not to help out QLD banana farmers... no.

fundraising cruise to help our brothers who got given yellow stickers and help subsidise their inspection fees.

Socrates, Jason and I will be discussing this at our meeting tomorrow. will post results

What about a charity cruise to raise money to send my paintball team to World Cup Asia later in the year?:P

P.S. while I wasn't there, I do completely agree with Rowan on the ZOMG COPS BAIL and driving straight into them issue, seen it happen many times before and I actually appreciate the decoy :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all Anyone from SOR who saw or remembers seeing an elderly couple taking pic's of your plates and car's travelling up from the shops in riverton to ascot you may get pulled over and told that you need to have your car photographed and yourself as the car has been flagged as "to be stopped and photographed including occupants".

As i was stopped today and informed that i have no choice and need to be photographed and the car too and my girlfriend who was a passenger was also photgraphed.

We then went into the local cop shop to inquire as to why the car had been flagged in the first place the only reason we were told was " it has been flagged as a hoon vehicle"

we asked why and the next response was " Are you members of a car club", (yes obviously) " Thats why"

Now i not saying all this as a whinge but to let anyone else who remembers the elderly couple taking the pic's that your car may also have been flagged.

The f**k? This is ridiculous.

And the purpose of this was...?

It doesn't make any sense to me. So your car was flagged for being a 'hoon' vehicle but you never did any hoon-like activities? :/

Edited by -Jimmy-

Hey all Anyone from SOR who saw or remembers seeing an elderly couple taking pic's of your plates and car's travelling up from the shops in riverton to ascot you may get pulled over and told that you need to have your car photographed and yourself as the car has been flagged as "to be stopped and photographed including occupants".

As i was stopped today and informed that i have no choice and need to be photographed and the car too and my girlfriend who was a passenger was also photgraphed.

We then went into the local cop shop to inquire as to why the car had been flagged in the first place the only reason we were told was " it has been flagged as a hoon vehicle"

we asked why and the next response was " Are you members of a car club", (yes obviously) " Thats why"

Now i not saying all this as a whinge but to let anyone else who remembers the elderly couple taking the pic's that your car may also have been flagged.

That's ridiculous!

I've been on lots of car cruises, events, etc. with cop presented sometimes with car clubs. After that, I drove with marked/unmarked vehicles at the rear as well and never get stopped.

I am pretty sure "THAT OLD COUPLE" made up their side of story (like noisy/low race-inspired hoon cars in THEIR area). Just ridiculous, unless you are caught doing burnouts and stuffs with photos evidences.

I feel sorry for you, Michael. Hope you don't get copped all the time and we should take this up against with whoever get involved. This is a discrimination for Japanese import drivers.

Edited by VNS 24

I remember them! They were on standing in their front yard on the left as we were going from Riverton to Leach Hwy right? glare.gif

yep them's the one's

yep nah me and the missus is not taking this lightly as i feel we are now just being labled because we were following a group of cars.

if we are not heard or we do not like the answer we are given we are going to take this up with the commissioner again

if dont get the answer we want then we'll just go higher up again from that.

We the memebers of the public dont go around saying that cop's are all murderers because they hold a firearm on thier belts so there really isnt a need to label a car a "hoon vehicle" unless we're actuallly doing/caught in the act.

the only thing that has us going "hey hang on" was the fact that they needed to take a single photo of myself then my partner then the car.

Im sure we have some sort of privacy right for somthing like that.

But anyway ill actually stop complaining now it was actually just to inform those who think they may have had their car's photographed by that elderly couple that you may have your plates flagged now.

Edited by Nak

That seems very odd, and f**ked up at the same time. Sounds like your vehicle may have been marked as a VOI which will result in random license checks / breath checks. If it is this though, normally that is flagged by your plates. NFI why photos have been taken?

This shit is beyond a joke.