SAU Community

Wed 17th March AIR drag results

whatsisname

Andrew,

So am I getting u right? They require you to empty your overflow bottle?!?

I'll see if I can get a helmet off my uncle and might be down at the drags in the next week or two. :D

Warm the tyres up and let her rip. :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah Joel .... pretty much every time I've been tye have made me empty my overflow bottle. Last Wed they even advised me to tape up the overflow slot at the top of bottle in case it filled up and overflowed. As you can see they are HELLA paranoid about water on the track!!

Hey Andy, I've been taping my overflow outlet with race tape (Airframe tape - RAAF stuff) for the last few meets. Keeps 'em happy no prob's. That's with the bottle to the full mark as well!

They're fairly particular with certain areas Joel. Below is what they always check on my car:

Wheel nuts - Must be exposed. I've got threaded alloy centres on my Volks that they make me take off, even though they get done up tight as hell (via a Volk spanner) I still have to remove them whilst racing so they can see the wheel nuts!

Helmet - ADR compliant. A basic ADR certified helmet is less than $100, I think I paid $80 on special.

Battery - Is secure. I have to drop the rear boot trim for them to see it.

Coolant overflow - Is either empty or blocked, to prevent leakage onto the track.

No obvious leaks - engine, diff, radiator etc... If it isn't dripping out and it's cleaned before hand, you WON'T have a problem.

Seats/belts - They in working order/bolted in securely.

Lights - They checked my brake lights the other night!?

Tyres - Aren't totally shot and about to blow!

There's a few other minor things, but basically as long as nothing is obviously a potential hazard then you'll be ready to run :D

What lunatics were sliding all over the place? :D On the footage that Andy burnt for me the other arvo you can hear the wheels spinning/squealing over the entire pass, not just on each gear change but the whole way down the strip, even in 4th. That was on the 12.6 pass too. It's not as bad on a regular street meet but I have had 2nd and 3rd let go a few times.