SAU Community

Turbo Building

Paulie C

Hey all

I'm getting an upgraded turbo for my R34 but apparently its bein made from scratch its a garrett GT30. Just wondering if anyone knows If it takes a while to make and why, Its gettin made by a workshop here in perth so if anybody knows peeps who work for this shop let us know.

I've been waiting for at least 4 months now, its gettin annoying.

seriously.

shouldnt take 4 months to build a turbocharger from scratch even if they are waiting on outside suppliers for parts, what did the turb builder say when you contacted them?

I work for a turbo shop mate and we can have one of these built within a day or two depending on the availability of parts and how many jobs we've got on the go.

They could be waiting on parts but it shouldn't take 4 weeks.

I forgot to say that apparently the rear housing on the origanal turbo was easily cracked by a slam of a hammer, i mean i 've heard that this workplace that is doin my turbo upgrade is expensive but does good work that isn't an issue for me i want my car to operate fine for me so i just want to know what the hell is going on, so i can continue to smoke monaro's at the lights

you know what i'mtalkin bout...............ah ha you know what it is

thats the thing i dropped 3 grand on this workshop 4 the turbo for a DEPOSIT! i know its not there fault for havin to wait for this turbo company but what the f**k WHAT THE HELLS GOING ON this group who has done good work on my car before has worked well and i'm not complaining, its the turbo building company that is delaying my process

Nah i didn't have to put down 3 g's thats what i wanted to do to pretty much pay off the whole thing. I'm also getting injectors and an air flow meter so at the moment i only owe bout a grand, don't know how much they will charge for the re-tune.

But all in all, this workshop is well known, they are always busy, they do charge a buck or two and i don't think the owner would risk bad reputation from installing a johnny cut corners turbo. So they always do good work.

Just wanted to know if anyone was makin these turbo's in perth, it's a garrett GT30 with a bigger rear housing, if you got these made and ready maybe someone can contact a performance workshop in Malaga.

Wink, wink, knudge, knudge.

Apparenty it could be easily cracked by dropping it or slamming it with a hammer so thats why they are rebuilding a whole load of them.

But tell me when once installed in your car it is going to be dropped or hit with a hammer?

No its not but you tell me this if a professional mechanic told you that would you take the risk, i think not .

There just makin sure that the turbo is gonna take the power, revs, boost, pressure whatever it is.

so the millions of people using garrett housings are all at risk of smashed turbine housings? i've never ever seen any turbine housing of any brand break in any way..... they're the strongest part of the turbo ffs