SAU Community

Wheel alignment results

Sydneykid...

I dont have Hicas either. My ride hieghts were similar too a little higher at the front as I found the small difference it made in weight transfer to the rear gave the rear a little more grip as my car seemed to lack at the rear a little....probably because of the negative camber which I never got around to fixing.

Cheers,

Russ

• 3 weeks later...

So what's come of this? It's a month ago and no follow up.

When I imported my car, it had an aftermarket wheel with HICAS boss on it. I've since removed that wheel and replaced it with an original. I've lined up the dots on the wheel and steering column as closely as I can. Since then, my HICAS light comes on after 10km of driving but this doesn't bother me a great deal as it never did anything other than illuminate.

I had a wheel alignment done a couple of days ago, and since then, if I drive with a lot of acceleration when the car has an unlit HICAS light, the steering wheel angle becomes turned to the left about 20 degrees. The car doesn't pull in any direction, but the wheel is not straight. After the 10km of driving, the light illuminates, but the car has an incredible kick sideways. This is very disconcerting, as the first time I felt it I was mid corner doing over 100kph and I nearly lost it.

I'm going to ring the alignment place tomorrow and try to get it back in with them this Thursday... I can't leave the car like this, it's far too dangerous.

Nick

Did you make sure that the lug for the hicas is in its slot at the bottom of the wheel. Its a small flat tongue that sticks out about 1cm from memory - if not aligned properly in its slot can, apparently, cause problems. This is why you must buy a hicas boss kit for aftermarket steering wheels.

About the only thing I can think of, hope it helps.