SAU Community

brass button clutch

Bites harder when launched but can shudder .

If it is cushioned button and sprung centred you wont even know it's in there.

If it's flat plate and solid centred , it will probably shake the fillings out of your teeth if you get the take up wrong.

Cheers

Ken

cool can shuddering damage the gear box or anything else at all?

Not really , just drive you and your passenger nuts.

If it's really bad , there may be a problem with a warped plate but as long as you can engage reverse of first while stationary , then it will be ok.

Cheers

Ken

I have one in my 180sx - it's annoying in peak hour traffic, but I hate and avoid peak hour traffic at all costs anyway :D But it's good for drifting (not what I do but I've been at the Skidpan day and it helps with its bitey nature). Apart from that after a bit of wear, they arent that bad .. mine shakes only a little beacuse I have found a point where it grabs slightly, like a normal clutch (and doesn't shudder) and then once the car is moving then let it go and it shakes maybe twice and then its fully engaged.

As for damage, I don't think they are too bad, but I have heard from people that these clutches are 'brutally honest' in the way they work - they can put a bit of load on the flywheel/gearbox/dif, but I don't think it's too bad.

You'll get used to it mate :)