SAU Community

Maq Pass Cruise Back Again:):)

princess01

Bring on the pics!

Tremendous to see a good complement of R32s + R33s + R34s. I've not seen parity like this before.

More importantly...

The people! Gemma invites some really nice people. Enthusiasts - all!

The route...

Macquarie Pass is always a bit testy - even more so with wet leaves, wet tarmac, or trucks coming downhill negotiating left handers

Additional route...

Jamberoo Pass deserves respect - narrow bits, crumbling corners, sagging shoulders - but massive fun when the road is clear ahead

The future...

SAU is already organising several events this year - yes cruises too - to places we've not been to before.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great drive today guys! This was my first "official" cruise too (and this is especially bad considering I've had the car nearly 6 years.. - look at my join date!!). I was the guy who brought the charcoal stocker :) Getting it buffed and detailed next weekend so should look substantially better next time!

Really enjoyed the twisties, especially down Jamberoo Rd. Macquarie Pass was very slow as we were stuck behind a bus though :(

Also good to actually meet some of the people from the forums too.

Will definitely come on another one! Just seen the Putty Rd cruise - might give that one a go but it's pretty long... probably won't have any tyres left after that...

Thanks for organising Gemma! Hope we can do another one soon!

Edited by benro2

yep :)

there was like 4 sets of people.... was hilarious. just when i thought i'd seen the last of the skylines, OH THERES MORE

was an awesome wedding though, the ceremony was the shortest i've been to; was no religion, just "this is what a marriage is defined as, so let's get to it"

winner

awesome reception too and jen caught the bouquet and i caught the garter :/

Thanks for organising a very enjoyable cruise Gemma. Perfect weather and a great drive.

Good to catch up again Terry, and to meet a lot of great folks. Bring on the next cruise! :thumbsup:

Now that Paul & I are friends, we can swap wings, right? :P

Matt has some pics coming up soon, when there's enough time - and thanks Al.

And Owen, you saw me in the lead eh?

Going up Mt Keira was also a good add-on - even though I was detained at first; 'er lost. >_<

Now that Paul & I are friends, we can swap wings, right? :P

Matt has some pics coming up soon, when there's enough time - and thanks Al.

And Owen, you saw me in the lead eh?

Going up Mt Keira was also a good add-on - even though I was detained at first; 'er lost. >_<

Don't lie. You were just left behind :nyaanyaa:

Good cruise as always with the exception of some we need to bring back the palm beach cruise in summer how did you like the knight rider light Terry....

Good cruise as always with the exception of some we need to bring back the palm beach cruise in summer how did you like the knight rider light Terry....

I'm so tempted to bring out my rifle and shoot out those moving lights one-by-one. That's my skill! :rolleyes:

is dat sum LM-GT4 i see?

Bronze LMGT4s on a Shiny Pearl Black body > Mean.... > Very Mean :thumbsup:

Bronze LMGT4s on a Shiny Pearl Black body > Mean.... > Very Mean :thumbsup:

Oh I meant on the Bayside Blue 34 :) White on blue, yummmmm :)

Can't remember if the GT4's used decals, or embossed like the GT3s for the "nismo"...

Awesome photos, Matt! There are quite a few in there you should put in the July photo thread.

Nick - thanks for the feedback mate. :thumbsup:

Oh I meant on the Bayside Blue 34 :) White on blue, yummmmm :)

Can't remember if the GT4's used decals, or embossed like the GT3s for the "nismo"...

Yep - decals. Moelders' GT-R is a rare sight and looked great on the day. The blue and white is a great combo.

Steve's GT-R from Steve's Auto Barn in the Blue Mountains has a similar look:

3475515969_a4bf9cc7f8_z.jpg

Edited by God_speed