SAU Community

Bilstein Suspension

matt-turner

hey guys anyone purchased new shocks off bilstein ??? gettin a bit sick of riding on isc coilovers starting to knock and too harsh of a ride of the shitty roads of launceston , so my questions are whos got some what are they like , whats the ride height compared to factory shocks and the costs ? the partnumber off the web site for the fronts is be5-2590 and rears be5-2589 but doesnt say anything about fork or eye mount for rear and what does kombi mean?

or any other suggestions would be great model is rsfours

You can choose your ride height with the Bilsteins - have a read of the suspension sticky above (at least the first few pages!)

I have Nismo badged Bilsteins. I have eyes front and rear you may have GTR type forks on the rear?

My part numbers are:

Front Nismo 56110 - RSC45 ENP

Rear Nismo 53210 - RCS45 ENP

don't want coil overs anymore want to go back up the mountain again with the stagea lol,

so bilsteins get the tick but by the sound of it no one has purchase them from them new . has anyone heard of autocourt i believe the dealer in vic is ???

the rsfours has forks rear .

I received mine last week from Quadrant Suspension, waiting for it to stop raining so I can fit them. Part numbers are BE5-2589 Rears, BE5-2590 Fronts. Look nice sitting in my lounge room, wish they were on the car, come to think of it, so does my wife!

Regards Craig

I have fitted them from new. Sydneykid supply. Forked rears

Had extra 3-4 groves fitted feront and rear, but cant use them as fornt platform hits the supsension arm and rears hit the tyres if too low. In saying that I run at approx 320-325mm ride height anyway. Fairly low.

I have lowered Kings springs as well at approx only 4 KG

Fronts are R33 GTR fronts, rears are r32 GTR "fronts" installed upside down, as per Sydneykids recommendations

(I think that is right)

I find the combo fairly harsh on rough roads (Brisbane has plenty on 80km round trip every day)

ok nice thanks guys

what prices are people paying for bilsteins ??? does quadrant suspension have a website ?? dont forget i live in lovely tassie lol

craig do u have fork rears aswell ? any pics ??

• 1 month later...

I fitted non adjustable Bilsteins front & rear to my 33 some (5/6+) years ago now with the standard factory springs, and found them firm at first but over the years have got used to them. Good thing about them is they are rebuildable from Quandrants in Victoria. I paid approx $1100 for all of them back then. Good value as they are still going strong today. :thumbsup: