SAU Community

Pressure Washers

Hi all,

I am about to research pressure washers / compressors for odd jobs around the home (eg cleaning concrete paths, painting, air tools).

I never really considered using a pressure washer for my car as I'm a 2 bucket kinda guy, but if its possible to get units that can do a good job at combining various functions I would like to see what my options are.

I don't really understand the links or differences in pressures or flow rates yet, but any information, experiences or recommendations you can give me would be appreciated.

Here's some of the things I'm trying to establish.

- Brands & Price - Karcher / Gerni / Other?

- Presssure and flow rates - whats strong enough to clean a 30 year old concrete path, and gentle enough for the Skyline (especially around trolly dings / chips), is it variable?

- are these just water or can you use detergents or other (stronger) fluids in them?

etc

As a start point I just rang Autobarn and they stock Gerni. A quick look at the brochure shows a 1740psi / 5.8L/min - 8.7L/min / 1.65kW / 2800RPM for $329. I don't think its a variable pressure model.

Thanks

I've got a Karcher with the variable pressure lance,(EPC ?) it goes from low, medium and flat out pressures by pulling the trigger within a couple of seconds of each other. I've had it for around 5 years and it's still runs like new, i've used it for doing exposed aggregate concrete, washing drive ways and my car, very versatile bit of kit.

I've got the karcher one that goes for 149 mate, it works well enough - not much in the ways of features though, nothing too special but it gets the job done

Do look for ones with a longer hose length though, it can be alot more convenient.

I would recommend karcher .. I think most of them have filters built inside too? Thats quite useful for preventing lil particles from being blasted at high pressure against paint!

I used to use an 80 dollar GMC one, it worked well enough and i liked that the lance could change the pressure/water flow etc just by twisting it around a bit ... only a 3m hose though

imo at least a 5m :D and longer is better - unless their real sh** quality hoses that just get tangled up anyway! My karchers one seems fine though