SAU Community

R32 Gtr Dump Pipe And O2 Sensor Mod

Hi guys I have searched under o2 sensor mod and r32 gtr dump pipe and cant find the answer, I am installing some hks dumps I got from here onto my new turbos and have found the 32 o2 sensor is too small, so I understand just jap sell a suitable plug (who i will call tomorrow) but looking at it the sensor protrusion would not be far enough? How does everyone go about doing this? I was thinking I could grind and file half the bungs on the hks dumps to allow further reach or get r33 o2 sensors or just get the correct dumps?

Scott

What ECU are you running?

If Power FC, get your tuner to disable the O2 sensor - and whack a bolt on the dump pipe (This is what I'd do) or get what you're going to grab from Just Jap.

R33 O2 sensors have different wiring to R32 from memory but someone may be able to confirm or deny it.

Here's where the xforce splits put the o2 sensor when you use the r32 screw in adapter (the welded in bung is for R33, the adapter screws into the r33 bung). FAIL.

gallery_15274_3064_21991.jpg

So i had that bung cut out and the screw in adapter welded in, so the sensor is in the gas stream;

med_gallery_15274_3064_54919.jpg

Then i ground it flat;

med_gallery_15274_3064_60098.jpg