SAU Community

Gearbox Options

hey guys, i have an r32 with an rb20et motor from an r31 which has a 220mm flywheel with a smaller clutch and flywheel backed by the rb20det box.

ive decided to opt for an rb25 flywheel with rb25 clutch (bigger) and keeping the rb20 box?? will this work or will i need to change the starter motor or anything else.. please help..

Should be fine, the 20det,25det and 30 boxes all have the same size spline on the input shafts. Before installing it all just check the clutch plate on the input shaft of the box make sure it clears.

Don't forget to change teh spiggot bush while everything is out

Should be fine, the 20det,25det and 30 boxes all have the same size spline on the input shafts. Before installing it all just check the clutch plate on the input shaft of the box make sure it clears.

Don't forget to change teh spiggot bush while everything is out

cheers mate im hoping it all comes together sweet, ill get onto that spiggot bush, my main concern was because the rb20et had a smaller clutch than the 20det, my concern was the flywheel from the 25 would be too big for the bell housing to fit over and the starter motor teeth not sitting flush....

If it's a 20det box then it will fit over the 25 flywheel and clutch fine, might need a starter to suit though?

bugger! i was hoping this would all bolt straight up... :(