SAU Community

Water Stained On Paint, Wont Come Off

Hey guys

A few months ago i drove in a massive storm and was going about 100km on the free-way. When i got home my hood was loaded with dried up water marks which was caused by the heat of the engine to evaporate the water leaving behind chemicals. I tried washing the hood, waxing, rubbing it with vinegar, yet none of these have ever worked. I haven't tried buffering yet cause i don't have a buffer at home. Does anyone know how to remove these water marks?? cheers!

Edited by Deza3000

• 1 year later...

Hey guys similar situation to the first post, spewing because I clay barred, body cleansed and waxed (Bowdens Own Range) my wifes car 2 weeks ago, sometime in the last week its been caught in some rain and all the dirt/dust that settles on the car after not being wet for sometime left dirty water marks all over the car.

After washing it this morning, I found that the outlines of the watermarks were still on the paint, went over it with a quick detailer after washing/drying but no difference.

Would the Duragloss Spot Remover recommended above be enough to remove these or do people suggest that I'll need to go over with some sort of polish? If so, any suggestions?

I've attached a couple of pics, thanks.

post-17881-0-01177000-1358202390_thumb.jpg

post-17881-0-04389000-1358202431_thumb.jpg

Hey guys similar situation to the first post, spewing because I clay barred, body cleansed and waxed (Bowdens Own Range) my wifes car 2 weeks ago, sometime in the last week its been caught in some rain and all the dirt/dust that settles on the car after not being wet for sometime left dirty water marks all over the car.

After washing it this morning, I found that the outlines of the watermarks were still on the paint, went over it with a quick detailer after washing/drying but no difference.

Would the Duragloss Spot Remover recommended above be enough to remove these or do people suggest that I'll need to go over with some sort of polish? If so, any suggestions?

I've attached a couple of pics, thanks.

got that same shit on my car, more noticable on the roof, i had previously tried hand polishing without success

I had a similar problem with my celica couple years ago. I used heavy duty wash (I think brand was polyglaze) and then cut (kitten cutting compound- red can) then polished and waxed. The cutting and polishing stage is when these marks dissapeared.

This forum has taught me that waxing is not the solution to swirl or water stain or bat crap marks. The wax is only a sealant which protects and shines the surface.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies, yes I agree Gary, I went back to step one with a paint cleaner then went over with a light polish and finally a sealant then a couple of coats of wax. I visited Wax It Car Care in Tullamarine and they were very helpful but said often it requires paint correction.