SAU Community

Good Nights Sleep

cannabiscorpse

^ ^ ^ Lovan being a Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor helped to hold your Serotonin together

l-Tryptophan is a precursor for the production of Serotonin. Could be that you don't quite manufacture enough Serotonin in that case.

Could be that periodic use of l-Tryptophan will be helpful then. It's product called "S.A.D." available from naturopaths, or chemist/healthfood places that have a naturopath on deck or yours truly.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amusingly enough, the quiz/test they do before they put you on anti-depressants is called SAD - Stress, Anxiety and Depression.

I'll probably grab those melatonin pills you mentioned (I found the link to the store), and see if that helps. If so, wonderful! Then I just have to keep it mild so that my body can learn to do it all itself.

If the Melatonin works, then the +ve knock on effect is that

* there'll be less jetlag on E>W flights or W>E

* your immune system rises to prevent about 20 different types of cancer

Older people tend to produce less Melatonin > sleep less hours > more prone to cancer

But...

* if you need to do a #1 in the middle of the night, it's better NOT to turn the toilet light on ie. do it sitting down.

Turning on the light can stimulate Melatonin production and reduce the capacity to get off to sleep again.

Principle:- Daylight helps to produce Melatonin > Nighttime helps to secrete/utlise Melatonin > Soporific effect