SAU Community

100% injector duty ?

B33st

hey guys, i have a r33 gtst skyline and have just reciently intstalled the apexi PowerFC and hand controller. The rest of the car is pretty stock, except for 3in exaust. The FC is still in its base tune. What i have noticed though is if i give it a bit, it's not too hard to get the FC to flash up 100% duty cycle for the injectors (or close to it).

whats the most logical cause for this, injectors or fuel pump on the way out?

leigh.

Most logical cause is the the base map is set up for greater fuel delivery to take into account more mods than you have (ie is tuned rich).

Get it on a dyno and tune according to the air/fuel ratio. Will probably find that you'll gain power as well as reduce fuel consumption.

just get GT-R injectors ,pump,FMIC,POD and youll fly .. 13 seconds garunteed.

that wouldnt cost you much.. how much boost are you running ? you must be on atleast 11psi to max out the injectors and fpump

base maps on any comp are there to get the car started , not to be daily driven on.

do u feel that the car is performing well , or is it a bit more rougher than before the comp was installed?

as said above , get it tuned asap

Guest INASNT
just get GT-R injectors ,pump,FMIC,POD and youll fly .. 13 seconds garunteed.

that wouldnt cost you much.. how much boost are you running ? you must be on atleast 11psi to max out the injectors and fpump

bahahaha!!!

U have obiliously have not done any of these in your car have ya?

B33st

If u got stock everything else then ur injectors shouldnt be maxing out.

Get the injectors ultrasonically cleaned and checked coz they must be a blockage somewhere, or your fuel pump is cactus. Also if u continue to drive your engine will be pining up high with the base maps

I have already purchased new 044 fuel pump, sx reg, surgetank. Also no the way are a Greddy Plenum, Q45 afm + throttle body.

Had just put the FC in and given it a bit or a run to see how it would go. Ran like normal, except for the fact that the hand controler was easy to get to show 100% duty, never showed more than 17 on the knock meter though.

as soon as i get the plenum etc, will installing all the bits and taking it to ARE (QLD) for custom cooler / piping job.

then its time for a tune, and i guess i will find out if new injectors are needed too.

leigh.

yeah am working towards the turbo...

I wanted to do my build-up in 2 stages.

1. support systems

2. big turbo and big boost.

i pretty much have all the support items now(see last post). so ill get them installed + tuned and it'll then just be a matter of waiting till i have the funds for the turbo.

leigh.