SAU Community

Pioneer Hard Wired Remote Input

Rekin

Hello,

I have purchased a pioneer headunit with "Hard wired remote input".

The R32 has two buttons on the dash; AM/FM and Tune

There is a black socket located on the radio loom.

gallery_46113_2344_25998.jpg

As seen on the picture, the black socket has 2 wires. (i havent traced them back, but i'd assume they would be 1 for each button)

Does anyone know how to make this work with Pioneers Hard wired remote input?

It looks like a need a hard-wired remote control adapter?

Thanks

According to this;

http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductData/SWI-PS/1_Instructions/swi-ps_instructions_072309.pdf

The PAC SWI-PS can be used. However, each seperate radio button needs to be wired with resistors in parallel?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18027_PAC-SWI-PSv1-New-Version-of-SWI-PS.html

Is there a cheaper options available?

I would check the resistance of those. from memory they are 30 and 60 ohms. PAC would do it but I would move the ladder around a bit.

thanks for the input.

Perhaps you could investigate it on your r32 project :P

Any chance you got wiring diagram of the r32? Want to see if there is more than 1 wire coming off the factory radio buttons.

what you *could* do it use the values off the DIY site and mod the switch. that will net a neater solution. in my case the deck I have doesn't support them anyway and I intend to use them for something else.

there are two. a grey one and a org/blk. they both have a common return to the deck.

ah yep.

So;

Grey = Button 1

Org/blk = Button 2

And they share a common return to the deck? The headunit socket only appears to have 2 wires..(no third common return?)

what you *could* do it use the values off the DIY site and mod the switch. that will net a neater solution. in my case the deck I have doesn't support them anyway and I intend to use them for something else.

sounds like a good idea. Looks like i'll be pursuing this adventure alone then!