SAU Community

Tcs, Slp And Engine Light On

Raffa

Hello everyone

I have a R34 GTT and It has those 3 light on

I just replaced the coil pack and spark plugs but still the same problem

The car does not accelerate normally, the engine sound ok at low rpms

Reading at some post...some people fixed with an new AFM

Does anyone here have an AFM I can borrow or buy?

Thanks

try cleaning the afm first as it might have a light film of oil over it from blow by from the PCV system

If you know its a faulty AFM there are a few people wrecking r34's in the private sale section otherwise go to skyline spares in wetheril park.. cheapest place for parts and a top bloke

Could also be the coilpack loom, or an off chance that it's a faulty coilpack or plug. Have heard of both.

Actually heard a similar story to this a while ago and it turned out to be a fautty new plug! Hope it's something simple mate.

Also, what's your boost at? And what are your plugs gapped at?

Not sure about the boost, i think it is normal?

gap in the spark plugs 0.08 NKGs ones

When you floor it above 4.5k rpm what does the boost get to? I thought mine was normal till I found out 12 psi isn't normal lol. Should be round 7-8psi, or round 0.5 kg/cm^2 which I think is the unit on the gauge.

Would be surprised if the gap was the issue on the 0.8 gapped plugs.

I think it is getting better

Got an airflow cleaner from Repco

and I can drive the car now and it feel ok, Thanks David

But I still have 2 lights on TCS and SLP

I have disconnected the battery for 24 hours to reset the ECO (Does it work?)

after the 24 hours the lights still on

I have a boost controller and I havent figured it out yet..may need to take it to someone who knows and can show me how it work

The factory boost gauge doesnt work..can it be because of the boost controller..taking the reading?

Thanks everyone

If the lights are coming on after a reset then it's a new fault code. You can detect the fault codes using this

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/266512-reading-nissan-fault-codes-ecu-fault-codes-how-read-them/

but I'm guessing it's the usual ones. You can also reset using that above, which is way easier than playing with the battery.

Are you sure everything was plugged back in after the plugs and coilpacks were changed?

The boost controller may be the cause of some of these problems. Did you install it yourself?

All the light are off

Thanks everyone...I think the problems was the AFM, after cleaning it and a proper reset...(Disconnected the battery and pressed the brake pedal)

Everything seen to be working

@Galois

The Boost controller came with the car..and no instruction manual ..I need to find out how to use it..

Thanks again to everyone for your opinions

False alarm

The light are off but the car does feel right, It doesnt accelerate hard

I will recheck the gap of the spark plugs on the weekend

• 2 weeks later...

i recently cleaned my afm inside and out with electrical cleaner and in the process cracked a few dry solder joins and had your same problems,

was stressing for a few days because i thought i toasted it with electrical cleaner some how then found that, like my boost gauge sender device, the joints were cracked.

i think its a common problem for these particular joints to crack and open circuit because ive seen alot of people with this problem on the forums.

resoldered them and all is well :)

sorry im a bit late to post :P