SAU Community

Help Yellow Stickered

W1nk

one rule for the coppers and one rule for everyone else. . .correct me if im wrong BUT chrysler 300Cs dont have a spare tyre? just a can of FIX A FLAT?

That's OEM though. So it's fine.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah well he wanted to have a go about my rear windows bein tinted n I told him its factory uv cut glass fitted in japan not tint and it was complied with it in 08 and 12months ago reregistered with it n he all he said back was "well whats legal in japan is different to australia." But I know there looking for things to make life difficult but I asked him if hid's were legal and he goes yeah just have to get permits I was like yup you have no idea :) cause i know for a fact if they arent in projector headlights with self leveling they arent legal so I know there just taking th piss

i know this aint going to help but at the end of the day they will win. . .the coppers can even defect you for worn windscreen wipers and no water in the windscreen washer bottle

Yep. Someone I know got done for a 'dusty indicator globe'.

i was done on the rising sunday for the guards didnt raise my car or anything and just went to the pits and they passed me the cops are just being dicks and picking on us

i was done on the rising sunday for the guards didnt raise my car or anything and just went to the pits and they passed me the cops are just being dicks and picking on us

Doesn't mean the cops are being dicks. Means you got off easy. I've passed the pits with things that are clearly illegal. It depends who you get on the day. Just because the inspector passes you doesn't mean your car is legal.

Martin stfu you're being inflammatory.

Stop it.

The police are not ignorant, they know what the laws are, they're simply doing whatever it takes to see how far and who they can push, they're getting runs on te board for the extra biscuit at the end of the month...

As for recording - it is completely LEGAL providing that You tell them straight up that you're recording everything. The police are allowed to say no IF they wish to leave you alone,

Basically if they refuse to be recorded, they're not legally allowed to have any further discussion with you. Police are allowed to be recorded in this state and personally I recommend you all to do it.

they make our lives difficult and belittle us. Why not do it back to them?

Anyway, this particular subject has been done to death. Greg I'm sorry to hear man, I would probably be taking the issue up with the officers station to make a complaint. But yeah, you now need to take time off your day / off work and pay some shmuck organization to pay for a service you never requested.

Furthermore, Martin you said "it depends who you get on the day"

^^ this is the biggest load of shit ever, like yes you're right. But it just further cements that no dealing with this system are consistent at all,

I mean what. Depends on who you get on the day that decides what is and isn't legal? I thought the law was a book that clearly dictates laws and cannot be f**ked with. Huh.

I mean Joe at the pits can pass your car HE says as legal then officer harvey can pull you over around the corner for having what HE says is unsafe distance between tyre and guards???

It's bullshit. He said this he said that bullshit. "legal" has nothing to do with it

Yeh not true. My mate got in a lot of trouble for recording a conversation with a police officer. What's more, when he took them to court, his recorded evidence was dismissed as it was 'not acquired lawfully'.

law states as long as you are part of the conversation, you ARE ALLOWED to record the convo!

my soarer passed the pits when it got regoed, i had 8.5" rears (jzs147 aristo rears) 7" being the limit on the soarers, and a computer for adjusting the stock air suspension, told them the air suspension was factory, didnt care bout the controller, didnt look at the wheels, bam plates on it driving home!!

wat if its done safely, even if its illegal, 9/10 times theyll let it fly!!

Nope the law stats that you need to have a spare tyre at all time's.... run flats in WA are not a way to get around our ancient laws...

I believe you are mistaken:

"You are not obliged to carry a spare and it does not have to comply with the legal requirements while it is stowed away. However, when fitted to the vehicle (for example, following a puncture) it must then comply with the law."

Rowan, I agree with you man. I'm simply being realistic.

I believe you are mistaken:

"You are not obliged to carry a spare and it does not have to comply with the legal requirements while it is stowed away. However, when fitted to the vehicle (for example, following a puncture) it must then comply with the law." exactly what ive been led to believe. . .you can carry a spare tyre that is flat/bald/ f*kd or whatever , as long as your not using it

Rowan, I agree with you man. I'm simply being realistic.

Thing I wanna know is why the fk did you get rid of the soarer?

However it sounds like you had a v8. In that case I don't blame you. Haha

i didnt, i still have it, its just gone up for sale, but its here! yep, uzz31, 1uzfe love!

Will they say anything about turbo flutter?

Probably not, but if they know what they are talking about then they would know that flutter makes your car run rich, hence increasing emissions. I doubt it though.

Probably not, but if they know what they are talking about then they would know that flutter makes your car run rich, hence increasing emissions. I doubt it though.

If they ask, just say you ran over a pigeon on the way there and it might still be stuck somewhere.