Fuel

Air

compression 140-150 (cold comp test) across all 6

but the car wont start it cranks over and pops out the pod but doesnt run

I have brand new coil packs and spark plugs

20L of brand new 95 fuel with octane booster so 105ron

only thing I can think of is the advanced timing on the cas is out any ideas

engine is a rb25det neo in an r32 with lots of bolt ons

should be able to run without the CAS plugged in, should just show engine light, but your bolt on's might be the problem. have you checked everything is in 100% working order? when i did a conversion i found out that my injectors werent getting enough juice so was starving on fuel, still got bit of fuel, but not enough to run.

coilpacks get enough voltage??? or even putting out enough for a big enough spark?

Weird ive always been told you have to have the cas plugged in to start

my injectors are the stock neo injectors in a greedy plenum with a top feed fuel rail and then a tomei fpr the spark plugs are covered in fuel when I take them out so don't think thats the issue but could be wrong

I have brand new plugs gapped at 0.8mm with dsr coils and have pulled each one out and checked the spark it seems fine to me

maybe my injectors arent mounted properly I had issue when fitting them will look again

Unless the engine is seriously modified, it shouldn't need a 0.8 spark gap. Try opening the gap out a bit, maybe 1mm.

If the plugs are coming out "wet", then it is obvious fuel is getting into the cylinders. Make sure you dry them off before re-fitting them.

Try starting with a bit of throttle - let some air in to match the apparent additional fuel. Also, try starting while slowly adjusting the CAS (if you suspect the CAS might be mis-adjusted).

Have you checked the fuel pressure that the fpr is delivering?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a similar problem on my series 1 rb25 in my r32. Everything is good such as fuel, spark and compression and timing. But all It does is back fire when I try and start it. A mechanic suggested the battery might not be good enough. I trickle charged it for 24 hours but still no go. The battery is about 5 years old though and has been relocated to the boot

yep i have spark on all 6, and good compression on all 6. got a new battery cos the one i had wasnt the best. It sounds a lot better and closer to starting now, but its just not getting there. all injectors are working and tested and i have my fuel lines around the right way.

starting to get frustrated :(

Spoke to my mechanic poping out the pod filter is timing out and poping out the exhaughst is tuning eg unburnt petrol hitting the hot exhaughst he had an mr2 with the problem and actually showed me it was actually intresting

well i got my car to start just now. I turned the CAS pin 90 degrees cranked and she fired right up. Now onto the next problem. when i start it it just revs up hard with out my pushing the pedal at all. I loosened the throttle cable so its loose but it still keeps doing it. Any ideas?