SAU Community

R34 25Gt Getting New Exhaust!

thanks to all of u guys! im just planning to visit Carline exhaust at Gladesville tmr morning.

and anyone have an idea with MRT at Rhodes? one of ma mates said that place is good for tuning up but I couldnt find any info about exhaust at their internet site..

I think most people go with a custom made one mate,

2.5" mandrel bent - dont forget to include a few mufflers to keep the noise level down! i've got a hot dog and a resonator as well as an oval muffler on the end.

congrats on the 34 :)

Just paid deposit to Carline at Gladesville, the total cost for changing muffler is $380. It is 2.25 cannon and straight. I tried to make it cheaper thats why i chose straight, not added bent pipe for good looking.. What do u guys think about the price? Reasonable or not?

ps MRT said $700 this morning.. just a muffler..I know they are good but..the price.....

Just paid deposit to Carline at Gladesville, the total cost for changing muffler is $380. It is 2.25 cannon and straight. I tried to make it cheaper thats why i chose straight, not added bent pipe for good looking.. What do u guys think about the price? Reasonable or not?<BR><BR><BR>ps MRT said $700 this morning.. just a muffler..I know they are good but..the price.....

380 seems like a bit much just for a muffler change, im quite sure i paid around 200 for mine - but mine was a mild steel which is cheaper in general.

didn't you intend to change the whole system from the catback not just a muffler though?

I was going to get catback but just got penalties from RTA...... 2 penalties were around 400 altogether shit..

So I decided to change muffler only this time.. the muffler I chose was Japanese after market one so I dont wanna think about the price anymore haha........shit..

BTW Thanks to Jonno and 10 4!!

Take care with driving guys. Cheers!

save the (nearly) 400 for the muffler and wait till you can afford a full cat back - should be about 1k for a custom made one, hell i picked up a second hand one for 120 bucks with everything i needed on!

yeah tbh if i had the choice to change exhaust now i probably wouldnt do it again, especially if i bought the exhaust brand new.

as far as i can see theres not much if any noticeable difference in power, and it gets too loud at times even with all the mufflers ...

It was quite successful with changing only muffler.. the sound is still deep but as I see some comments, now i understand what u guys r talking about haha

Anyway, it was my first time to do somthing to my car. Thanks everyone! Cheers!

no probs mate, as long as you're happy with what you did our opinions are irrelevant really

the muffler will after some weeks quieten down a little bit (in my experience they all have) and your ears will be infinitely more grateful :)