SAU Community

Someone With Knowledge Pls Help

hey all... just bought myself an r33 gtst... its completely standard bar the 3" exhaust....

2 questions......

1: how much boost can a stock intercooler take.... is 10 ok?

2: and if i put a pod filter on will the spool be louder ? and flutter?

noob questions i know but u dont know if u dont ask ;)

cheers guys

unless you have an aftermarket ecu it can't be tuned.

10psi is ok for the stock cooler, but you are better off with a front mount because the stock cooler is tiny and suffers from heat soak exceptionally fast.

as for flutter, you won't get it just by adding a pod, however you will be able to hear the induction noise and bov noise better.

what do you mean it cant be tuned..you can still adjust timing and idle without an ECU and you can gap your spark plugs..that is tuning... Not that you should need to but it doesnt hurt to have it checked..

Maybe Ideally I should of said go get a dynorun but who cares..

On the street the stock cooler is adequate as long as your not driving around on redline..it is also more responsive

and what noise does a BOV make..flutter and with a pod you will hear it more so yes it will flutter a bit just by adding a pod..mine did..

Your gay tonight Mad go ride your bike...

what do you mean it cant be tuned..you can still adjust timing and idle without an ECU and you can gap your spark plugs..that is tuning... Not that you should need to but it doesnt hurt to have it checked..

Maybe Ideally I should of said go get a dynorun but who cares..

On the street the stock cooler is adequate as long as your not driving around on redline..it is also more responsive

and what noise does a BOV make..flutter and with a pod you will hear it more so yes it will flutter a bit just by adding a pod..mine did..

Your gay tonight Mad go ride your bike...

You are no where!!

He asked for someone with knowledge, get out of this thread.

screw you hippy....my car ran 11psi thru a stock cooler and a pod and quite happily made 185kws all day everyday for years and it used to flutter when I lifted off so how am I no where ??

Maybe it is you that has no knowledge as you have offered nothing in the form of opinion other than to disagree with me..

So get outta my face

ARTZ - are the letters RET missing from the front of your username?

with a stock bov, you will not hear flutter. if the bov is blocked you will hear flutter.

the guy is talking about his skyline not a carb POS.

the stock R33 ecu can't be tuned.

you have the option of modifying it or replacing it with an aftermarket one.

or go real cheap and get a signal bender like SAFC so you can make changes to a:f ratios.

Adjusting Timing and idle and spark plug gap is tuning for a valiant.

OP - 10psi is fine (especially in tasmania) but you may come across the missfire type CUTOUT on cold nights on 10psi with no tuning and stock 20 year old coil packs.

If you want Flutter like you hear on silvias or your favourite japanese high power cars on youtube, you will need to block off the factory bov (not recommended).

I can tune my suspension but it doesnt have an ECU

I can tune my radio, again no ECU

I can tune a guitar it also has no ECU

and yes I can tune my skyline to some extent without touching the ECU..

And as tilksie said you CAN remap a stock ECU which is tuning it

are you trying to tell me I should not adjust my timing idle or spark plug gap on my skyline, because all have been adjusted at some point or another..shit should I change them all back to stock :O

Now OP obviously has limited knowledge here and all I was implying is that he has his car checked out by a professional after changing things like boost and filters. At no point did I suggest he change his timing I was just making a point that other things can be tuned not just the ECU....

when you put a pod on the the BOV air mixes with the turbo reverb and causes somewhat of a flutter noise when you back off, no it isnt Hektik BOV flutter but it is a flutter noise none the less..

But you know it all numskulls come in here with your tiny ewang in your hand and your limited knowledge of bullshit and try to belittle me.. . bring it on fags Ive had a shit week and Im just in the mood for your BS..