SAU Community

Question Concerning vehicle history in j-pan

mtopxsecret6

One of the joys of bringing down a car by yourself is that you know exactly what happens to a car... and you get to keep documentation that might be useful in japan... for example, barring the service logs I also got these...

Reciepts to car washes, parking permit reciept (so I know where the car was parked by its previous owner), a membership to something like NRMA or RACV down here, recipt and manual for my extractors n exhaust, etc etc.

Here's a sample of what i've got...

• 2 weeks later...

Im guessing, but i think you CAN get personalised plates...cos if i remeber corectly one of the HPI vids has a car with 3040 and it was a HKS development car with a 3040 turbo on it

white r32 i think....but my memory is shot

what forum is this?

• 5 years later...

i know this is an old thread, rather continue here than start a new one again. just looking for updates on tracking info of previous history of car. More looking for what prefecture my car possibly would have been from etc? can the vin plates give info to investigate etc?

yeah, i want to find the right prefecture etc so i can put on the right plates from where it came from.

This will probably turn out to be a massive waste of time and not guaranteed even if it does work but check your car for any stickers or any paperwork you have for this kanji 県 which is prefecture (-ken) if you check the preceding kanji with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prefectures_of_Japan you might find some leads. However if you find 府 or 都 or 道 check the website as it may have been in Osaka, Kyoto, Hokkaido or Tokyo. Check inside of your door frames as well as under the bonnet and also on the diff housing as it may have had a sticker put on it if/when serviced. Check everywhere you can be bothered. To be honest though I think it wont really get you anywhere but if you are desperate it might help.

Edited by *LOACH*

• 1 month later...