SAU Community

C210 On Carsales

eightsixboy

This car had an article about it in Australian Classic Cars magazine and he spoke in the article about how we all questioned the mileage and suggested it not quite be what it appeared and how he just changed all the fluids and filters and drove it home up Forster/Tuncurry way and then proceeded to talk about how good it was.

Nothing about how he was going to try making a killing out of it and start selling at $25000.00 and now $16000.00 and whatever after.

In my opinion, he paid far to much money for it, from memory it closed on ebay for about $8000.00 and not reach reserve, so what he paid to secure it would be more than $8000.00 and now he wants to reap a great harvest from it.

Cars are worth what people are prepared to pay for them and not a cent more and this car is no diferent. It is a niche market that wants these cars and offshore (Kuwait) is the only place that is paying the big bucks for them, but even there they are slowing, all due to unavailability of conversion parts, I'm lead to believe.

As Mags says, "OVER IT" big time!

Cheers, D

saw this the other day, it may interest some of you.

http://burnie-devonp...QAdIdZ302794592

Way cool, good price to.

I would expect a really clean example to go for no more then around 8-10 so I think 16k is far beyond reasonable, just hope no one gets sucked into buying it, its the same with ae86's now, retards selling stock aussie povo specs ones for like 7k, who would pay that, I bought mine for 3k with a roady about 5 years ago and it was pretty damn clean, just because a car is super clean doesnt make it collectable.

• 4 months later...

Hey Mick,

Theres no doubt that its a great car. Its just that they arent worth the current (or previous 2 or 3) asking price.

So what if a GTR replica sold to kuwait over 4 years ago for $15k... Its only mad businessmen with wads of cash that buy them for that price.

There is no way that it will ever sell for such prices previsouly indicated.

Especially since its now not an original. (even if it was Orig, it would still take a long time to sell)

Id bet that $8k would be the MAX it would get plenty of interest then....

Hey Mick,

Theres no doubt that its a great car. Its just that they arent worth the current (or previous 2 or 3) asking price.

So what if a GTR replica sold to kuwait over 4 years ago for $15k... Its only mad businessmen with wads of cash that buy them for that price.

There is no way that it will ever sell for such prices previsouly indicated.

Especially since its now not an original. (even if it was Orig, it would still take a long time to sell)

Id bet that $8k would be the MAX it would get plenty of interest then....

Check out the rust bucket on ebay, 79 coupe turbo charged with a $10.000 price tag!!

your right in many ways ..these cars fetch good prices in kuwait, i was offered eye watering prices on mine

..the man came to my home here,.... and you are right to say there are plenty of mad business men there, but i guess if someone is prepared

to pay $500.000 for a GTHO here... well there are the mad business people here too ...

i guess maybe its good for Mick to keep and enjoy it..

hi thanks for those comments .

i still think about keeping it if i do not get the sort of money i am asking . i think i got a bit over excited about my skyline , because i have owned a lot of muscle cars over the years & the skyline is with out doubt the best

original car i have seen . another thing is that it was owned by german lady since new & when she new it was going to another german family that would take care of it with as much care as she as shown for 32 years she as quite emotional . it was originally a gift from her husband & he passed away 10 years later , so it took her another 22 years to part with car . so you might say i feel i have a responsibilty to make sure it is well cared for . so that is why i have put a figure on the car that weeds out people who would by the car & destroy its original condition . i will not be dissapointed if i kept the car, storage is my issue to . sorry about the long story thanks again my77sky

That's got to be the worst explanation ever for over-pricing a car.

Apart from no one really caring about how the second to last owner felt when she sold it, I am pretty sure that the only market who could afford that kind of money are certain to destroy the car and keep in unoriginal.

Know what I mean?

hi there

you have a real issue with the price of my car , you need to get over it & what makes me laugh is that you have bagged my car out the whole time i have been on the forum i thought we all have a common interest.

have a look on ebay one for $19,000.00 & one for $10,000.00 point is people are able to ask what they want for cars.

about the story why bag it little bit of respect is cool

Good luck with sale, Mick.

If you get what you're asking, then good on you.

We all want our C210s and others to rise in price but theyre just not old enough yet.

35 years this year since they started.

thanks for that there is a guy in sydney that is keen to buy for a lot less than i am asking , so there is a chance i will sell to him . he loves c210,s & seems like a nice guy . i have four regos & kids going to uni so somethink has to go .

really do not have the space to store it .

thanks my77sky

That's got to be the worst explanation ever for over-pricing a car.

Apart from no one really caring about how the second to last owner felt when she sold it, I am pretty sure that the only market who could afford that kind of money are certain to destroy the car and keep in unoriginal.

Know what I mean?

Hi Drew,

Remember Ali,s white c210 ..the one faysal and he worked on, and then religiously promissed not to sell ..then he sold it for $6.000 overseas

today that same car is advertised in Kuwait for $35.000, now he wants to buy mine, and apart from slapping himself stupid, and dropping his valium tablets all over

the floor, these cars from the c110, c210 ,and c211, 240,z 260z, and 280zx.. are worth a packet there...im sure Mick is right in his sayings and with respect, i can see his side

too..really we should be enjoying what we have and respect the thoughts of others ..thats all of us, i have dealt with the kuwaitie people many times in my years, even though

many things i dont agree with them i still respect them..this also applies to all the members here..in the end we are not here to battle ourselves, we all share the same passion, this forum should be for ideas and preservation, not only of the cars we own but the ideas we share between ourselves..

And im not selling my car to Ali...:no: