SAU Community

Neo Turbo Engine In My Na R34 Gt

bra0063

hi guys im just wondering about how i would go about doing an engine transplant putting a GT-t engine in my NA r34 25gt.

i know buying a gt-t is a better option financially but i want to have an engine so i can work on it and then when im off my p's bang that monster in :P.

ok so my skyline already has the turbo brakes.

i should be able to get a GT-t loom ecu turbo for around 2k-2.5k

what else needs to be changed?

im also awear that the drivetrain will need changing but ill change that when it brakes. plus i think they're only 150 -200 from a GT-t wreck anyway :D

All answers would be helpfull.

Ps. i managed to get my NA coupe for around 8k with 116,000 kms (guy was going bankrupt) :P

you might want to add a 0 to the end of the price for a 'drivetrain' from a GT-t wreck, unless you are simply talking about the diff and not the gearbox. generally the gearbox sells for more than the actual engine.

as for what you need, look in the how to turbo a skyline thread. it has been covered many times. whether the engine is a neo or not is a minor detail. all the procedures are the same between a neo and a non neo.

Don't Gtt and gt have same trans

No, I'm 98% certain the one used in the N/A R34 is an RB20DET gearbox. The RB20DET gearbox can take no more than 220rwkW, so if you want more power then that, I would budget for a GT-T gearbox.

I'm pretty sure you can just use the N/A R34 gearbox depending on your power needs. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

Edited by JDM34

Stock (factory) component comparison.

GTt > GTv > GT

2 varients of GTt and GT:

GTt and GTt-x

GT and GT-x

The difference between the "x" and non "x" models are strictly trim level with "minor" mecanical option. ie premium sound, privacy glass, front strut brace, rear wing, optional LSD for GT-x (handling pack)

RB25de NEO = GTv, GT

RB25det NEO = GTt

Regular brakes (Tokico aka hitachi automotive calipers) = GT

Big brakes (Sumitomo caliper) = GTt, GTv

HICAS = GTt, GTv

LSD = GTt, GTv, factory optional on GT-x variant.

4 speed tiptroninc automatic = GTv, GT

4 speed tiptroninc automatic (internally strengthened) = GTt

5 speed manual = GTv, GT

5 speed manual (internally strengthened) = GTt

note*

GTt, GTv: they both have the same rear suspension setup.

GT: Has the same suspension setup as an R33GTSt

is it an auto? trans cooler won't do much to strengthen the box (and won't do shit on a manual, don't think you can even fit one) as it comes down the the strength of the internals and generally not the heat. heat is usually more of an issue with constant acceleration/power, such as towing or drag racing where they load the gearbox up before launching, but even then it's marginal.

not too sure on shift kits, but i have a feeling that they may actually cause you to break something sooner. they put more stress on the gearbox. i could be wrong though.

hmm people say they actually reduce stress on the trans i know it sounds weird due to quick shifting one would think its kinda jamming the gears into place will it cost much to make the trans be able to withstand a turbo?