SAU Community

Maroon Skyline: Anyone respraying or fitting a kit?

lou15x

Hi people,

I've got a fibreglass grille and eyelids that I want to get sprayed to fit to my maroon ride. I was quoted no less than $250 to do the job. If anyone is getting their maroon Skyline resprayed or having a kit fitted, I'll be interested to share the costs by paying the extra amount it'll cost plus a carton of beer. :D

Cheers,

Louis

p.s. sorry bout the duplicate thread... the server was slow and i clicked "submit" twice when nothing seemed to be happening...

My mechanic actually cracked my rear and front bumpers, so I'm getting them resprayed quite soon. The only problem is that I live in Newcastle and you're in Sydney. I need to get my Super AFC tuned soon, and I'd like to do it at some place in Silverwater (the name escapes me at the moment), so if you're around there I could drop my parts in to you when I'm down there and we could split the paint costs. When are you looking at doing this?

Cheers,

Michael

hey michael,

i'm not sure if it may actually be cheaper to spray up at newie... i actually don't mind getting the stuff sprayed in newie if that's more convenient for u, cos i don't have a regular panel beater (not something i'd like to have anyway)... asap is good but there's no hurry really... silverwater? that'll be croydon i think? i don't mind paying $150 to anyone if they can get it done, extras to keep if there's any...

cheers,

louis

Hey Louis,

No, I don't have a regular panel beater, and like you said, I DEFINITELY don't want one. I'll go and get a quote from the place I went to last time for all our parts and I'll ask him how much your part of the quote is worth, and how much mine is. That way we can split the costs fairly. If you know of anyone in Sydney a quote would be good from them too.

The bits I need doing are my 400R front bar, which is slightly cracked and my left rear bumper bit which has a small chunk out of it. Both need to be patched up then resprayed maroon/burgundy/wine red, whatever you call it. The colour code is AN0 anyway :D.

The earliest I can get a quote is on Monday. It will definitely be worth it if we do this together as adding extra parts in to get sprayed costs bugger all extra.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael,

If you can get pics of the damage to be repaired that'll make it easier for the painters to quote us... Last time I asked, the going rate was about $400 for a front bar... Like you said, lil extra parts cost next to nothing to spray so yeah, I'll ring around too...

Cheers,

Louis:cool:

i know jack about spraying but one painter told me that even to spray my grille and eyelids will require the use of a spraybooth... so if we were to fix any non removable panels, the whole car will have to go in... we'll see how it goes... meanwhile maybe u can get a quote from any of the panel shops u trust and see what they can fix up for us as well :D

till date, item list is:

2 bumpers,

4 eyelids,

1 grille,

panels???

i don't know how we're gonna do other colors... i've just got a quote from this guy who did my car from the 99 hail and he's quoted me $150 to do my grille and eyelids... my eyelids are a pretty rough job so they need some repairing and i've been quoted up to double elsewhere to do the same job, so i figure this guy's price is pretty ok... now for the group spray, if sidewaymambo's eyelids are as rough as mine and michael's 2 bumpers are ready to spray, the job will cost around $750... i'm ready to spray :) btw, this place is in botany...

cheers,

louis

Originally posted by lou15x

i don't know how we're gonna do other colors... i've just got a quote from this guy who did my car from the 99 hail and he's quoted me $150 to do my grille and eyelids... my eyelids are a pretty rough job so they need some repairing and i've been quoted up to double elsewhere to do the same job, so i figure this guy's price is pretty ok... now for the group spray, if sidewaymambo's eyelids are as rough as mine and michael's 2 bumpers are ready to spray, the job will cost around $750... i'm ready to spray :) btw, this place is in botany...

cheers,

louis

louis, will you like to meet up some time? my eyelid are ready as well...

sidewaymambo,

if u can come out to the eastern suburbs this weekend to pass me the eyelids and $50, i've got a mate going overseas where i can get the spraying done... i'll plan to send mine over and will expect to have them back in about 2 weeks...

michael,

dun worry, ain't backing out of the plan... i'm getting a new front bar very soon and i'll need to have that sprayed here cos the of the size...

cheers,

louis