K So Nationals

FJ20DR30

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FJ20DR30 - If you want an early drive to collect bugs on the front of her, meeting us at BP Calder Inbound be my guest. We'll all work out a time later.

Dennis - If you want to Drive to VIC (from memory you're over in WestEnd Draught Land) and join us be my Guest, fair bloody way though. I reckon the quality will be high so no guarantees you'll win anything, hahaha!

edit: I am now reading there is no judging no tropheys, just a day to admire.

The Historic Jap Car Show is limited to 120 pre 1986 "show cars", then from what I've read the car park, literally next to the show area will have errrm the not so showy cars limit 175 cars. So the car park could be more interesting than the show itself! Only 9am to 1pm so short but sweet.......... Here is the link to the info/flyer for it thanks to Toymods.org for organising:

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/victorian-events/70284-classic-japan-car-show-november-20th-2011-yarra-bend-park-fairfield-victoria.html

Thanks to Mastadd (at a guess) Steve.C got in contact with me. He as you may know owns the old RavenOak DR from Sydney.

He is 50/50 in joining us as he has his daughters birthday party the night before. So here's hoping he can also join us although he is way over East Lillydale way form memory. We may have to meet up somewhere Northern then head South to the Show. Worry about that later.

Edited by Union76

bugs are no worry my car is far from mint anyway!! its just a carpark number,

im honestly more interested in meeting up driving them around and having a fun day looking at some old jap cars hope not to many zeds though no offence

bugs are no worry my car is far from mint anyway!! its just a carpark number,

im honestly more interested in meeting up driving them around and having a fun day looking at some old jap cars hope not to many zeds though no offence

Hey we may all be car parks numbers yet! Like you, doesn't really phase me, the show sounds like it will spill over to the car park anyways.

I have been to many car shows since being in VIC and christ all mighty am I sick of looking at Mustangs and red neck Monaros. So to go to a JAP Day will be a fantastic change to the bland norm. Like you, I'm looking for R100's, Celicas, Bellets, 510's, 180b, Corona MK1, Stanza Coupe, christ I'll even look at a Civic!

It will be interesting.

Regards,

Mike

yep cant wait,

got the DR at home, waiting on a 5pm exh appointment.

Need to do a few other things, wont get a tune in time though,

I'll wack a wide band on it over the week and see if I can fix it up abit.

Hopefully we can get a few R30's together, may post up details on fj20.com also

The guy who is painting my datsun has a few nice "JAP" cars. i have seen a real nice Bellet in his shed as well as a prince skyline and a few Zeds/fairladys. i told him he needs to get them out and show them off.

O i had never even heard of bellets to i seen his one lol.

O i had never even heard of bellets to i seen his one lol.

The Bellet GT was a great little car, but we only got it in limited numbers here in Oz because I think the insurance premiums went thru the roof because it was a GT.

It was the pre deccessor of many very smart small Isuzu cars that we never got to see which was a real pity.

We might have seen a lot more but for the european connection of GM

Depends on where we will be meeting others I guess?

Im not really fussed.

If we all meet at the BP and no stops to meet others, 7:30am departure from BP?

Any word from the ex-Ravenok dr "steve" ?

Hopefully the weather holds out too

ill go ether way im not bothered by the rain how ever better dry

how can i know for sure though as ill be leaving at 7 to meet up whats the forcast?

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml

It smells of rain tomorrow......................................................

To be honest I'm 50/50 - when wet the dr stays in the shed.

However, the guys from Toymods have put a lot of effort into this, I feel for their outcome.

I'll check back here first thing tomorrow, I have no problems if anyone backs out, 7:30am sharp exit form BP Calder, yes?

Just bloody unfortunate is all.

Mike.