SAU Community

Pas Problem

DeanR33

I've just sold my Stagea and the new owner tells me that the power steering is coming and going when he drives round a bend in the road.

It's fine when stationary or driving in a straight line, there are no noises and no leaks and the oil level is fine.

Now, I've never had any problems with the steering on this or any of my other Skylines so I'm at a bit of a loss.

The only thing that I ever did was when I fitted the FMIC I left the PAS air valve pipe disconnected and blocked off, but that was a very long time ago and I never had any probs or felt any difference in the steering.

I checked with him that he didn't have the permanent 4wd button pressed in so that rules out transmission wind up.

It's a Series 2 RS4V tiptronic so has the R34 GTT engine, no HICAS.

The only other thing that I can think of is that maybe the speedo convertor has gone wrong, but I can't see how that would affect the steering in the way he describes.

Any ideas ?

I've just sold my Stagea and the new owner tells me that the power steering is coming and going when he drives round a bend in the road.

It's fine when stationary or driving in a straight line, there are no noises and no leaks and the oil level is fine.

Now, I've never had any problems with the steering on this or any of my other Skylines so I'm at a bit of a loss.

The only thing that I ever did was when I fitted the FMIC I left the PAS air valve pipe disconnected and blocked off, but that was a very long time ago and I never had any probs or felt any difference in the steering.

I checked with him that he didn't have the permanent 4wd button pressed in so that rules out transmission wind up.

It's a Series 2 RS4V tiptronic so has the R34 GTT engine, no HICAS.

The only other thing that I can think of is that maybe the speedo convertor has gone wrong, but I can't see how that would affect the steering in the way he describes.

Any ideas ?

I know mine was doing that for a while after I cooked it on the track!

Maybe it just needs a flush and rebleed!