SAU Community

R33 Gearbox Speedo Drive Options

So ive converted a R33gtr gearbox to rwd in my R32 gtst thou im unsure on which speedo drive i should get so i can get the speedo working

Does anyone know if the R32 gtr gearbox speedo will fit a 33 gtr box and conect to the speedo drive from the dash and is it mechanical or electrical ??

or can i take the end of a R33gtr speedo drive and conect it to my speedo drive from the car ?

hey mate r32s have cable drive speedos and r33s have a digital speedo sensor... to over come problem buy a nissan navara speedo sensor and an r33 speedo gear... works a treat, have a look on dobson motorsport there about $225 ;p

hey mate r32s have cable drive speedos and r33s have a digital speedo sensor... to over come problem buy a nissan navara speedo sensor and an r33 speedo gear... works a treat, have a look on dobson motorsport there about $225 ;p

Thought that's only for a rb25det gearbox in an R32. Maybe post a pic up of the R33 GTR speedo drive and someone might be able to help.

Edited by H4x

• 8 months later...

I am also looking for a Auto Speed Sensor for R33 GTS-T

speedsensorr33.jpg

In my pic, bottom one is Auto R33 speed sensor wire

Top one is what i was sent after buying one of a forum member who said it was for a auto R33... It fits but has a male plug instead of a female plug.. so i can plug my gearbox cable into it.....

Any ideas?

Edited by R6n350GT

25det rwd would be too long i'd be guessing (and electronic anyway), as 32 gtr is too short for 25det box as above pic shows, just a 32 gtr or gts4 drive should do it? (both are mechanical)

Edited by WMDC35