SAU Community

M35 Bonnet Strut Kit

iamhe77

Okay cool, so minimum has been reached.

I place the order Friday next week (that's the 4th November) in case there are a few others that want in and will PM you guys my account details.

Please make sure that your $122.55 has been deposited prior to 2nd to ensure I receive it by the 4th.

Great job Cam!thumbsup.gif Well done on the group buy; looking forward to a PM, I'll get the funds across ASAP

Cheers, Dale.

Edit; Paid.thumbsup.gif

Edited by Daleo

Okay cool, so minimum has been reached.

I place the order Friday next week (that's the 4th November) in case there are a few others that want in and will PM you guys my account details.

Please make sure that your $122.55 has been deposited prior to 2nd to ensure I receive it by the 4th.

Great work getting this GB together.

I've just transferred the money.

Cheers, Russel (Rosella)

Hey guys, I have only 6 sets completed and shipped as of today and am expecting the remaining kits tomorrow or Friday.

I will ship them out as quickly as I can (I already have the brackets sitting here waiting), so apologies to those of you whom didn't receive a PM with a tracking number today.

The first 6 sets were shipped to the guys who paid up the quickest.

Cheers,

Cam

My kit showed up this morning!banana.gif

Thanks Cam, PM'ed, and left feedback.thumbsup.gif

Looking forward to fitting these; all I need is some free time when I'm not bloody working...whistling.gif

Damn you Cam!rant.gif

After lying in bed trying to go to sleep for nightshift, knowing that my bonnet strut kit was mere meters away in the garage; I relented and installed it.nyaanyaa.gif

Seriously, the only way this kit could be easier to install; would be if it actually came with a little man in the bag to fit it for you. It's such a good fit! Couldn't have taken more than10 minutes.

It took me longer to find a 5.5mm drill bit than it did to get the struts on and the bonnet back down.thumbsup.gif

Thanks again mate; no more bashed noggin, and the bonnet opens far enough to allow the overhead light in my garage to plumb the depths of my engine bay! How did you know? How!

The only thing I added was a 5mm flat washer under the nut on the lower mount; but that's 'cos I'm a pedantic bastard...

If you don't think you need this kit; you are wrong.

There are now only two kinds of people in the world; those who have gas struts on their Stagea bonnets; and those who will...

Haha! Thanks Dale. Dunno if it is the kit or lack of sleep that has you so excited, but glad you like 'em.

Hopefully today or tomorrow Scott.

I'll let you know and work out a time to come around... or you could take the road trip down to me of course (and bring the dog this time :P)

Edited by iamhe77

Hey Cam,

Kit turned up today around lunch time just after you sent through the correct tracking number.

Dunno if I'm gunna have the same luck as Dale did in getting it installed.

Got the weekend to do it, but rain is forecast. I don't have a garage >_<

Once again, great work in getting this together. :cheers:

As Molly says, do ya selves a favour and buy it!!!

You'll really appreciate the extra space when working on your car.

Installed mine this arvo... Was a breeze. I installed them so the bonnet was the same height as I would be using the hook but that all depends your your own preference.... Thanks again cam. Exerlent work...