SAU Community

Need A 'good' Mechanic *rb25/30*

_5C077Y_

Hi guys, I am wanting to build an RB25/30 for my project car, have it all planned out, am getting the parts together and I know what needs doing.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a mechanic anywhere in Tassie who knows how to and can build one bottom to top and actually put 'TLC' into their work, do a good job and be fussy about it instead of just slapping it all together??

GT Garage built my car, from top to bottom, inside and out. Can't big them up enough, I love my car so much and it's all thanks to them, (and a few other special friends ;) )

If you're in the north of the state, you should check out Boost Automotive in Launceston. I think Brad @ boost actually defines fussy. Just one look at his R32 says it all.

Their down in Hobart yea? I live in Launnie but willing to travel or even send it to Melbourne. Have always been told not to go near Boost, but Brother actually called me 10 mins ago telling me to go see Brad because he built a 'fussy' rb2630 for a mate... So guess I'll look into it =) Cheers

I know Anthony shaw built a monster rb26/30 from shaw performance... Just the base tune (touched up rb26 map) was shredding toyo r1r tyres on the dyno, and beat a 330awkw gtr at powercruise... Motor is for sale aswell

probably to do with the power delivery/whack of torque vs how well its tied down and not so much peak power/quality of build when shredding tyres on dynos

(this is not meant to detract from it being a tough motor, just saying)

Edited by jangles

Didn't know there were so many factors haha.. But I know he was building it to make some stupid amount of power safely, something like 400-450rwkw.. Then rolled the car and has to re shell it :(

not so much lots of factors, just think all the 1000hp plus gtrs and cars on dynos that try to lunge off before spinning wheels.

I had brand new tyres and they turned to shit after a few power runs and started smoking on the rollers. Even with 2 guys in the boot and 2 in the back seat. Less tread next time for me :thumbsup:

My highest reading was 475

Edited by WHITER33GTS-T

I think you will find that a lot of the big name guys will be super fussy with a build like this, their work is their reputation!

But if you wanna save yourself some cash and time, take tweetywoof's advice and buy my motor :P

Asking 10g for the complete package ready to go, owes me approx 14g

has only done all of approx 500ks. i kinda ran outta talent and binned it :S

i have reshelled it, but looking to put SR20 in it and put money into buying another gravel rally car!

Spread the word guys!

Rb26 head & intake, Kelford 272 cams

RB30 bottom end, forged pistons, shotpeened rods, nitrated crank, ACL race series bearings, ARP stud kit (top and bottom)

Stainless steel exhaust manifold with 50mm external waste gate and screamer

Garrett 35/82 Turbo

SuperSpark Coils

Haltech Pro Plugin computer

RB25 gearbox & Tailshaft

comes with all oil fittings and drain lines etc (braided & Heat wrapped)

and a heap of other bits i cant think of at the moment, but its a good thing!

3l and gt35 make for a very quick car, early spool and good power... Be a great all rounder

+1 on that, I'm running a slap together 26/30 with a GT35 on 23psi and its perfect!