SAU Community

Eat26 Mnp R33 Gtrvspec

when you don't reply it disturbs me more =[

Sorry Baby....

On another note ordered the following.

tomeirb26oilbaffle.jpg

And My builder ordered my oil pump on my behalf.

dscf6511.jpg

still waiting on my cam baffles but it'll get here should be soon :) build is coming together slowly but surely.

Dropped engine covers, and my greddy lip off the other day :).

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent been on here much lately to see this thread.

Just caught wind of this. Have not heard anything about these failed pumps (which I normally would being an Aussie manufacturer) and if this is so I would be keen to hear about it. Can you enlighten me?

. In saying that we have only have two broken pumps out of the many 100's of units that we have sold internationally. Both these pumps had failed inner gears but were both due to the same reason which was from the pumps being installed onto used later model RB26 cranks that had the leading edge of the drive flats rounded which in turn enable the crank to try and turn within the inner gear. Obviously no matter how strong you manufacture a gear it is still a mechanical part that can fail given the correct environment to do so[/size]]

Yes, those highlighted points are taking it a little out of context to the full information, but it is still a failure.

Where did this come from? You should check your sent emails for that exact quote Andrew, because It came from your email.

Regards

Andrew McIntosh

Sales Manager

Nitto Performance Engineering

Now while I have you, you have a PM.

Chris.

Edited by Force Fed

Hi Chris,

I'm glad you have an engine builder and are not one yourself. It seems that you don't quite understand basic mechanical properties which is fine but maybe next time you might think a bit further before posting up your ill informed wisdom.

Let me run through it - When you have a loaded gear that effectively driven inside by something that is larger than it (current twin flat RB inner gear design) then no matter how strong the gear is, it is still prone to failure if the drive is allowed to become a larger diameter than the ID hole in the gear. It does not matter if the gear is made from unobtainium and treated in kryptonite, it is still physically impossible for the gear to withstand the pressures being placed on it. It WILL still fail when the 2 materials are of similar nature in composition. IE: solid metal drive inside metal gear.

The "documented failures" you refer were not because of the product quality, they were a result of incorrect installation. Just the same as you can't blame a failed piston that has seen too much pre ignition on the manufacturer when it was the tuners issue that he could not tune properly (or other factors that are out of the piston manufactures scope that could cause the issue). A failure is not just a failure as you so professionally put it.

Nitto goes to a lot more expense than other manufactures to make these gears as strong as possible in both materials and processes used. This is fact. Have you tried emailing or calling HKS, Reimax, JUN, Greddy etc about their pumps asking where they are made, how they are made and about their failures? I would guess not and would also guess that you would not even get a reply. I'm not talking about a middleman wholesaler either that will tell you what you want to hear.

It is unfortunate that manufactures face this kind of flawed information being plastered over forums these days especially when it is information that has been directly supplied and obviously misunderstood by those that have recieved it due to not really understanding what they are reading. This is why you do not see many manufactures being actively involved in forums. Too many users trying to big note themselves to the wider community as gurus when their profession is something totally unrelated and their knowledge of what they are talking about is not up to scratch. It is a real shame. This by the way does not reflect the majority of forum users.

I reiterate once again - Nitto has not had any feedback on damaged gears in any way due to the product quality. ONLY due to ill fitment which was accepted by the installers in question. The "documented failuers" were documented by us and were not due to our product. Get it right next time before you suggest toward an issue being present that is not.

I reiterate my own point

Yes, those highlighted points are taking it a little out of context to the full information, but it is still a failure.

I am aware of the mechanical issue with the collar not mating to the oil pump drive correctly.

I didnt blame NITTO directly for the failure, I mentioned that there had been TWO failures in relation to the pumps.

Yes, your information is from you directly, Why do you think I emailed you about the oil pumps you have in testing currently that use a different style of pump drive.

What issue did I mention was present? NONE, I brought up the fact, that you YOURSELF had told me of these 2 known failures, which is also good that a manufacturer can speak of them openly.

Check your pm's

Edited by Force Fed

• 2 weeks later...

As of today...

My engine builder has....

My Jun oil pump(Last 1 available in Japan, had to directly talk to JUN themselves.)

Tomei Sump Baffle

Hi Octane Cam baffles.

Let the fun begin :)

• 4 weeks later...

Engine is not far from being pieced together.

It might already be underway as I type this, not 100%.

Really looking forward to driving it again, Tambo has my name all over it!

• 2 weeks later...

I got a little bit bored....

On another note, we are on track to have the engine in car and running by the 18th touch wood. engine assembly should be completed by the weekend :)

any engine management has nothing to do withn the bottom end

He is trolling, he does this on every post that ever involves anything.... Just ignore him and he will go away shortly.