SAU Community

Injector Place To Get Correct Lag Times

Crans

I have a set of 740cc Deatschwerks side feed injectors and have had no end of trouble getting them working right.

I have emailed there support people to get this responce regarding lag times:

If the OE latency is displayed as 530us for the OE RB25 ECU, then think using 1300us for our injectors would be way off. The RB25 uses a OE side feed injector with almost the same coil properties as our 740â•˙s. I would suggest trying something in the 700 rang and see if that helps then adjust from there. Our injector would not have anywhere close to more than twice the latency time as the OE injector.

My injector report from them states lag time @14v is 1.3MS(1300us) and here they are telling me it should be closer to 700us

WTF is going on with that?

Is there anywhere in the northern suburbs i can take these injectors to to get a correct report on both flow and lag times?

I have now changed to a VE tuning based ecu and these settings are extremely important to get correct.

It was either really rich everywhere or really lean everywhere when using nistune k value had to be changed quite dramatically a resize injector should only need minor tweek not a 50 difference deatschwerks support didn't give me much confidence after telling me to ignor there report